Pass it Forward - BOX #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rblakemore

Took too much

But, I refilled well.
Here is what I took.
And, a few questions;
1. What are the cast blanks made from?? Nice job!
2. Is the segmented piece made from oak and walnut? I like this a lot too!
3. Any guesses at the wood with the question marks on it?? I am a sucker for dark/red brown wood with great grain, swirls, and burls.
4. What is the wood for pen? Maple? Is it a PSI Vertex click?? Really nice also.

Attachments

• 9T4A7722_cropped.jpg
    9T4A7722_cropped.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 151

denniszoomy

The pen is a vertex click pen and is made up of curly maple. The ?? Blank I have no idea what type of wood it was but thought it looked good for the box.

rblakemore

Box 3 on the way!

OK, my apologies for being a few days late; but, I have been overcome by events (medical for my wife and me, and our daughter and son in law visiting). But, box #3 went to USPS for shipping this afternoon, tracking # 9114 9011 8986 6818 0813 31 (it is good, I just checked). Should be to Sharon in Arizona by Thursday.

sbwertz

Just got the box! I'm going through it now and will go out to the shop to refill it tomorrow morning before it gets hot! It is like an oven out there right now. I'll take a picture of what I take out and post it tomorrow

Sharon.

sbwertz

Here is what I took out. I left the pen in the box because I am having problems with heat intolerance right now and can't do any turning until the weather cools. So I couldn't make a replacement pen to put in the box.

I filled it back up with lots of goodies. It is all boxed up and ready for the mailman, headed for ND. Tracking number: 9405903699300237569766

IMG_2987.JPG

I'm really excited to try the pine cone blank. I've wanted to turn one for a long time. These should all make really pretty pens.

Last edited:

rrumohr1

Pass it forward box 3

Found in mail box Wednesday and back to post Office on Friday. Tempting for a newbie to keep the whole box. Lots of goodies in there for woodworkers of all types. Sending it alonRobg full again to Mr, Vic,

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Found in mail box Wednesday and back to post Office on Friday. Tempting for a newbie to keep the whole box. Lots of goodies in there for woodworkers of all types. Sending it alonRobg full again to Mr, Vic,

Thanks Rob,
Please post the tracking # and a photo of what you kept when you have a chance.
Edgar

Mr Vic

Sounds like a great excuse for me to get in the shop this Sunday....I do the farmers market on Saturdays...Can't wait!

Mr Vic

Got home today and the wife didn't mention receiving a box...Of course she'd been out running around all day. Since she was jabbering away I went out to check the front door. Guess what....There sat a soaking wet box on the porch table...Had a thunderstorm pass through just before I left work. Good thing Rob used a whole roll of packing tape on it..I think everything inside will be dry..Will check after feeding the horses...

Mr Vic

Update...The box was soaked through on the bottom so I spread the contents out on top our wood stove to dry out all day today. Won't be near a Post Office tomorrow so box will ship out on Thursday...NOTE: The stove was not lite.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The box should be on its way to Kendallqn.
We skipped Greasythumb and Mbroberg because they were on travel when their original turn came up, so I'll put them back in the routing after Kendallqn. The routing will go:
Kendallqn
Greasythumb
Mbroberg
QualityPen

and that should have us back in sync.

Thanks for playing
Edgar

Mr Vic

Tracking Number 9114 9012 3080 3821 1994 10 - The box is on it's way. Oops...The kits i was going to pass were sitting on the end table...Kendall I'll mail them out tomorrow and you can pick one or add to the box before forwarding...

Now for the goodies my wife picked. I also pulled out a Tech Pen Kit and Buffalo Pencil kit to try out. I passed on the completed pen. It looked great but I've become addicted to Fountain Pens!

Attachments

• PIFWBox-Vic.jpg
    PIFWBox-Vic.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 170

Kendallqn

I received the box today took a few things and added a few more. Taped it up, Printed a label, Let Ed know I was shipping it. Then read this thread and saw that more was coming. (yes, Backwards as usual, I should have read the thread first) Ill hold it till the kits catch up, repack it, and it will go out then. Tracking number will look like its just sitting here for a day or two tracking is 9405 5036 9930 0366 2448 33 going to Greasythumb.

Attachments

• IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 209

sbwertz

I am so confused. I think I'll just sit at the end of the drive. Until the box shows up

Mike

"We skipped Greasythumb and Mbroberg because they were on travel when their original turn came up, so I'll put them back in the routing after Kendallqn. The routing will go:
Kendallqn
Greasythumb
Mbroberg
QualityPen"

Then it will come to you, Mike.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Well, USPS Tracking listed today as the expected delivery date, but the tracking report has not been updated since the box left SAN BERNARDINO, CA on the 8th. My mail has already been delivered................no box. :frown:

Maybe tomorrow.

jsolie

what a bummer..:mad: they could have hit bad weather

They very well could have. I'm not sure how USPS moves packages, but if they were planning on using I-15, they probably had to re-route since part of that freeway washed out north of Las Vegas over the weekend from that storm.

Quality Pen

Here was my haul! Took the pic but forgot I already made a toothpick holder out of a very translucent orange blank. It looked awesome and I've never made one of these before. Works alright for a toothpick holder, but unsure about a pen... I call it the cream soda :D

Also, the laminated woods are neat. I tried one only one time before but the laminated wood was poor quality and had a serious flaw on the inside so it was unusable! I look forward to trying these!

Attachments

• BOX-1of2.jpg
    BOX-1of2.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 164
  • BOX-2of2.jpg
    BOX-2of2.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 125
Top Bottom