Pass it Forward - BOX #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rblakemore

Clarify the pen please

OK, I think that I understand that the box I receive will have at least one pen in it. If I take the pen in the box, then I make a pen to put in the box. But, do I use my own material or do I use an item from the box to make the pen???

Brian G

Box #3 completed its international journey, and arrived in Bloomington, MN. Good stuff in the box! :)

Somewhere I think somebody messed up converting cubic centimeters to cubic inches (multiply, not divide, by 0.0610237441). :wink:

The small flat-rate box turned into a medium, which I don't have. I'll get one tomorrow and ship it Thursday.

Photos of the keepers to follow.

Brian G

Box #3 left Bloomington today, on its way to Krudwig in Arkansas. Tracking number is 9114901230803192696808.

The contents didn't fit a SFRB, but a MFRB was too cavernous and cost more to ship than a Priority Box A size. That's what I used.

I "sub-boxed" the pen components and other non-blank goodies to avoid damage. One small item didn't survive the international journey, so I pulled it out and replaced it. I also banded the blanks in random bundles to keep them from rattling around too much.

Pictures of what I retained will follow.

Brian G

PIF Goodies.jpg

Excellent pen! I'm thinking it's yellow heart. Am I right? :)

Am I the only one here?:bulgy-eyes:

Last edited:

Krudwig

I received the box today in the mail and couldn't wait to open it and peek inside! I wasn't disappointed either. I've already went through the whole thing and got out what I wanted and will replace it with my own goodies and hope to ship it off on Monday. I may even get time to turn a pen fro one of the blanks I kept! Not to spoil the surprise but there is even a piece of horn in the box that I left because I'm not sure I can do it justice, so somebody will get a nice piece of Mouse horn!

Krudwig

Ok, it's not really mouse horn it's moose horn ! Everybody knows all of us Arkie's are illiterate ! No really the spell checker doesn't do any good if you spell the wrong word right. Anyway hope you get a small pen blank from that mouse horn.

Last edited:

Brian G

Wow, I didn't expect it to arrive today. I'm glad it did. :)

I agonized about the piece of moose antler, too. I decided the same as you. It belongs in the shop of somebody more skilled than I.

Falcon1220

Not to spoil the surprise but there is even a piece of horn in the box that I left because I'm not sure I can do it justice, so somebody will get a nice piece of Mouse horn!

Mice around here in Canada do not grow big enough to have horns :eek: :biggrin:
Hope that holds true for your area :wink:

Krudwig

Box 3 is on it's way to Phillip Kelley today. I sent out a med size box from the postal service today tracking number 9114901189866132402768 and should be there by Thursday and maybe by Wednesday. I took out some stabilized blanks a piece of aluminum rod a bullet pen kit and the pen turned by Brian a cigar style in unknown wood. No picture yet but maybe in another day. Still lots of good stuff for Phillip to check out. I appreciate Ed getting the box started and hope everybody has as good a time as I had going through the box!

l8nite4me

Edward,

It is on its way. Sorry for the day delay, work got in the way of getting it out yesterday. Tracking Number is 9114 9012 3080 3390 0740 26 and it should be there on 7/24.

Edward Cypher

Got the box and will post pics shortly of what I took out. It is on it way to Bryce and should be there on Monday the 28th. You may want to repack it as it is in a regional box and is more expensive than a flat rate box. I did not know this until at the window it was the box I received and I did not feel like taking it back home, repacking and then driving back to mail it. Just a heads up. Thank you Ed for organizing this it was a blast and I too would be up for it whenever it starts again.

The Tracking number is: 9114 9011 5981 8844 5177 10. Be sure to take everything out all kinds of surprises.

Edward Cypher

View in Gallery

View in Gallery:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So these are the items I took out of the box. Some crosscut zebrawood, tool box pencil kit, Bottle opener kit, Honey onyx blank for Exoticblanks, Spalted tamarind, Olive, Mesquite, Plum, cuban cassurina plus four acrylic cutoffs and a homebrew acrylic green/purple blank.

Some cool stuff in the box be sure to empty it out. Some stuff from the Big Island (teaser).:biggrin::biggrin:

Bryce be sure to repackage it in a flat rate box because the box it is in; the one I received was a regional box and cost a lot more to mail. Have fun looks like you get it on monday.:):)

Brian G

Nice haul! I was away since Thursday and was hoping to see some photographs when I returned.

C'mon Box #3! We can do better with our photographs. We used to be the coolest of the Pass it Forwards. We're falling behind in coolness points. :frown: Lets see photographs of what you kept. Even marginal quality photographs are better no photographs.

denniszoomy

Box 3 has arrived

Just got home to find a nice box on my doorstep and found lots of goodies inside. Not sure if I want to send any on. Ok, that would be selfish of me. I just got finished going through the box and I kept, The Pen a Elk horn, ply budingan Diagonal, Orange Florida, Wasabi Peas, Casted gum pods, and two others that do not have names.

I am putting in a Vertex click with Curly maple, Doughnuts and coffee cast in alumalite, 2 olive wood, 3 curly Maple, 1 Pine cone cast in alumalite, 1 silver scrubby pad cast in purple alumalite, a big chunk of wood from Alameda Naval Air Station, and one other ?? piece of wood. I hope the next person has as much fun going through it as I did.

Ronblakemroe it will be on its way to you Tuesday after I get off work.

Attachments

• Box 3.jpg
    Box 3.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 174

rblakemore

Eager!

Amazing how the wait seems so long;
I have a bunch of medical issues happening, so, I will attempt to turn around as fast as I can.

Ron Blakemore:)

rblakemore

Box#3 is on the way to Friendswood, southeast of Houston.
Everything is done so that I will not be a hold up.
Too much medical and I have minor surgery scheduled soon and will not be able to stand for a few days.

Ed, call this weekend and we can visit each other's shops.

rblakemore

Toys in the box

Wow; I got in from minor day surgery today (Thursday, 8/7) to find a small flat rate box that had grown to a medium flat rate box. What did I find?? More than I expected!! The assortment and selection was tremendous; a few problems though,
1. If I take out what I want, the box is back down to a small box. I cannot get up tomorrow so I will go thru the box again slowly in the evening and decide what I will keep, I will take a picture then.
2. I may have to wait for Monday, 8/7 to ship on. I am not supposed to be out, about, and active for a few days.

Ed, thanks again for doing this, the timing today is just a bit awkward.

Top Bottom