Stabilized & Dyed wood- Need volunteers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Constant Laubscher

Steve Busey

Package came in today's mail - will have them down in the shop this weekend! (got a blue and natural maple)

Any specific feedback you're looking for, Constant?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

Count me in... if you still need volunteers.:biggrin:

For a while now I have been doing my own stabilizing and Dyeing, I am now offering this service and products to the public and all IAP Members.
I am in need of about twenty (20 +) volunteers to test and review the quality of the pen blanks.
Those who are interested would you please respond and PM me your Address and shipping details.

Each volunteer would receive at least 2 stabilized blanks of your choice, natural or dyed.

Check the colors on my website and make a choice.

CHEF

I would love to try your blanks but i think scotland is a bit to far to send them
------------------------------brian----------------------

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Constant,

I've received the blanks. The Flame Orange Curly Maple is now a modified slimline. Picture to come. The Ocean Blue Buckeye Burl is in the process of becoming a cigar pen. I had to fill some voids in the burl with tinted epoxy, which is still drying. I'll provide more detailed feedback to you in a PM when I am done with both pens. For now I just wanted to tell you that I think you have a good product. The dye completely penetrated both of my blanks. Both blanks turn very nicely.

jimofsanston

I'll test for you

I try the Blue's and the bright green. or what ever you want to send. James Lacourse
202 Early Ave.
Sandston Va. 23150.

You send the blanks and i make the pens and give them to pens for troops. How's that for a test and a gift combo.:):):)

TomW

Constant,

LOML says the blanks arrived today ("pretty blue and red ones"). Unfortunately it will be this weekend before I am home to enjoy. Report to follow....

Tom

gmanblue

My Blanks arrived today 8/31/09

The blanks look great, hope to have a pen made tomorrow .
Blanks are true and straight ful of color some of the best looking blank I have seen.

Thanks for the beautiful Pen Blanks.

Last edited:

zhogrider

My blanks arrived on Monday thank you very much stunning orange and blue curly maple. well dyed and color completly thru out blank. looking forward to turning them just have to finish this red box elder i got from gary

Thanks for the beautiful Pen Blanks.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Constant

If you dont have enough input yet, I would love to try what you have left. If you would like to bring them to the September 19th meeting, that would save some on the shipping!

Thanks

Robert

traderdon55

The pony express finally delivered mine today.They are improving their delivery time,only 6 days. Due to a visit from my daughter and grandchildren it will be Sunday before I will get a chance to try them. When your grandchildren live 1,000 miles away playing with them comes first.

I have sent samples to about 40 Volunteers and do not need any more volunteers for now. I thank you all for helping out and for those who received samples please send me your review or post it here on the forum.

pentex

free blank

turned this blank yousent me. dyed blue and turned very easy. sorry the photo is not very good. would buy these blanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 107

HawksFeather

First off I want to thank you for sending me the blanks and I am sorry for the delay in getting this posted, but I have been on vacation.

PenBlanks.jpg

Here is a rough shot of the blanks. I say rough because I just knocked off the corners, did a quick sand, and hit it with a top coat of finish. This is not what they will look like when they have been turned for pens, but will give people an idea.

The blanks appear to me to be well done. The dye is uniform throughout the blanks with only somewhat lighter areas in harder sections of the wood, which is something that I expect. The stabilization also seems to be uniform as well. I think that you are in business.

Thanks again for letting me take part,

Jerry

Top Bottom