Pendant Displays

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
In an attempt to compete with a couple of vendors at my first show that exclusively sell jewelry, I have decided to make some pendants. So far, i have about 9 or 10 for the show (I had like 15 of them, but every time a female family member sees them, i get lighter by one pendant)

My main problem came when trying to figure out how to display them... until i stumbled upon this little gem.

http://www.home-jewelry-business-success-tips.com/necklace-display.html

Right now i have 7 of them cut out of two sheets of posterboard. I am going to cover them with material later this morning and see how they look. So far, i am impressed. Easy to make, super cheap. portable. What more could you ask for?!

Anyway, I had shared that tutorial once before but i dunno how many people saw it, so there it is again.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scotian12

Ron...Thanks for posting this display item. Its affordable and easy to make. I also like the poster designs. I think this is a better display technique rather than laying the pendant flat on the table or strung on hooks. Any ideas on a mirror as the clients are going to want to see the pendant on themselves? Thanks Darrell Eisner

greggas

Thanks for finding that...simple and cheap...have my first show coming up and also needed a way to display pendants....was going to go with a simple turning with some and this is a great way to display and also look at the scale of each pendant...thanks again

RAdams

Banned
The first one is done! I used a blue thin denim material. I am going to cover the 7 displays in 4 different materials. I want the customers to see a material and think of a matching outfit in their closet!

The "Mirror" has become a hot topic around my house. We are debating the pros and cons of a big mirror versus small mirrors. store bought handles, or turned vanity mirrors. etc. etc. I think a big mirror would distract the customers from the headliner..... the pens.

woodchick

Well, you definitely need black velvet! Probably a medium table mirror that can tilt would be sufficient and can stay over by the pendants.
Look forward to seeing all your displays!

OKLAHOMAN

Ron if IRC at the fabric stores you can buy Black veltrrn spray and spray the displays to look like black velvet. Just thinking out loud......

RAdams

Banned
WOOT! I will try that next time maybe. I used some material i had laying around and made 7 displays. I also came up with a slick way to display light pulls. I will try to take pics tomorrow if i remember.

hewunch

Ron works like a charm. I used super77 to adhere my fabric to the cardboard. Had some left after my speaker building days.

RAdams

Banned
I used loctite wood worx wood glue to do mine! I still hav eto mod them slightly. I am going to attach tabs to the back that can be taped to the table, so they dont just fall over at the first sight of wind.

Top Bottom