"Limited Edition" pendants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
After noticing the little bit of residual PR in the bottom of my silicone pndant molds after a multi color pour, it gave me an idea. I started sitting the mold cups at a slight angle while the tiny bit of PR cured. Once it was done (usually the next day) I then mix right on top of the little dried piece in the bottom. Then i pour, and sit the cup at a different angle, or different side being covered in the bottom of the cup. I do this several times until the thickness is good enough for a pendant. The finished pendants are "Reversible". Usually a totally different color combination on each side. Almost like getting two pendants in one! I think i am going to try a bottle stopper like this as well.

Anyway... Just thought i would share. They were VERY popular at my show this weekend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RAdams

Banned
Man.. you guys don't give a guy an inch of slack 'round here! I will get a pic or two up this afternoon.

RAdams

Banned
Well, i ran into a couple of snags. I don't have any pics of the LE pendants, but i did have one left from the show i planned to use for the photos... Until my wife gave it away.

To compound the problem, I have to wait till Monday for my PR to be delivered, and even then i might have a 5 month old baby in house, which will mean no chemicals due to the spare bedroom shop situation.

The good news is... I have a couple of LE pendants started in my mixing cups, so it will only take a day or two when i get the go ahead to start mixing again.

Between the LE pendant pics, and the 5 gallon bucket cradle pics, i will have alot to post! I promise they will be posted asap!

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Alright..........................Send all the pendants you have to me and I will take and post the pictures for you.:rolleyes: :wink: It's the only way for you to redeem yourself..........................You are welcome:biggrin:

RAdams

Banned
Mike, That is awesome of you man! I will get em in the mail tomorrow!

I don't know if there is a pendant vdeo yet. I know i can't do one with my super slow dial up connect. I think there is a tutorial in the articles, but not for LE pendants.

DurocShark

Do you have a vid camera? I have editing software and such and can post vid if you have a way to record it and burn it to disc.

Mikey

I get the concept and it actually sounds pretty cool. trouble for me would be making sure I have enough cups lying around so as to get the correct color combinations and not a hodgepodge of barf in a cup. Honestly, I would probably have a dozen mixing cups all tilted and just make a dozen or so at a time. I know this was for waste material, but the idea is sound and instead of swirling, it would be a multi color blank.

PTownSubbie

Ron,

Thought I would try to bail you out on this one and post some pictures.....:biggrin:

I think this is what you are talking about with your left over resin. At least this is what I do with mine.

I pour them into a cup leaning at different angles and when it gets enough in it, I cut them into pendant blanks for turning.

No resin is wasted this way. These cups have been left over from the last gallon of resin. I don't have a great system for determining how much to make for each mold yet......

Attachments

• IMG_0569.jpg
    IMG_0569.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0565.JPG
    IMG_0565.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 115

RAdams

Banned
EXACTLY!

Well, sorta.. I have gotten pretty accurate with my amounts, so i usually just end up with a tiny amount of resin left in my mixing cup. It takes me several pours to make one "round" of LE pendants.

Mikey, That is the cool part. Keep using the same cups to mix in, over and over. Let the resin build up on it's own. As far as the "Barf in a cup" part, I gave up on worrying about the colors a while back. No matter how "Barfy" i think it looks, somebody will like it and buy it! I do try to mix a contrasting color each time but sometimes i mix similar colors.

Top Bottom