White Pigment Suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

I've been using white enamel paint for a pigment, but to get enough in there for an opaque white turns my PR kind of brittle. If I have mixed colors, I can feel the difference when turning.

So I need a recommendation for something else to get a good opaque white.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seawolf

I don't know for sure it will work but the pigments that are used in paints work in fiberglass resins to color them for tanks and such. A cup will make a gallon or more opaque. Ask any of the big paint stores for a sample.
Mark

its_virgil

I suggest using dyes and pigments sold for use with polyresin. I've used other paints, universal colorants, acrylic paint and pigment and even India Ink. They all work to some extent but I;ve found that the pigments sold by the resin dealers to be the best choice. Mixol as suggested by Bruce works fine. I purchase the sampler color kits from US composites: http://uscomposites.com/pigments.html They have both opaque and transparent. Also, some types of polyresin does better with pigments than others. Liquid and powder pigments also behave differently. good luck with your search.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

I've been using white enamel paint for a pigment, but to get enough in there for an opaque white turns my PR kind of brittle. If I have mixed colors, I can feel the difference when turning.

So I need a recommendation for something else to get a good opaque white.

Last edited:

RHunter

Local Chapter Leader
+1 on the White Power Coating from HF. It provides no depth, just pure white color. I mix it with some PearlEx MicroPearl to give some depth and sparkle.

Top Bottom