Auction #3 - Abalone Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
This auction will end around 9pm ET Feb 18.

AUCTION #3: Ron Robbins' Abalone Blanks
Ron produces a number of his awesome Abalone blanks just for the Bash Donation Drawing and Auction every year. This year he has very generously provided two sets of Emperor blanks for auction. If you have never seen one up close, you are missing something! THANK YOU, RON!

This auction is for both sets of blanks shown below:

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Last edited:

bobleibo

While Chuck is rounding up our bidders I wanted to pass along some interesting facts that I received from Ron who created and donated these amazing pieces...
These abalone blanks are made from high quality Paua Abalone (also known as sea opal). Each piece of abalone has been meticulously cut in a way that it fits perfectly around the tube and is then cast in clear PR for the various sized pens. Even in their currently raw form, these blanks give a preview of what's to come. Once finished, they will certainly become a showpiece that any of us will be proud to display in our collections.
Thank you Ron for supporting the IAP!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thank you Avi & George! Very nice way to start off this auction.

George has it at $150.00 Do I hear $200.00 ?

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
While Chuck is rounding up our bidders I wanted to pass along some interesting facts that I received from Ron who created and donated these amazing pieces...
These abalone blanks are made from high quality Paua Abalone (also known as sea opal). Each piece of abalone has been meticulously cut in a way that it fits perfectly around the tube and is then cast in clear PR for the various sized pens. Even in their currently raw form, these blanks give a preview of what's to come. Once finished, they will certainly become a showpiece that any of us will be proud to display in our collections.
Thank you Ron for supporting the IAP!
Thank you Bob! Nice break down of the process used to make these Beauties!

Sorry.....I've neglected to thank Ron for the privilege of auctioning these blanks and, for donating to the Bash!

brownsfn2

Wow. This is fun to watch. :)

I was searching my couch cushions and found some extras I can throw in if the bidding goes high.

(I should have asked if I am allowed to do this?) :)

I have a Jr Gent size Blue colored abalone blank that I will throw into the box as an extra at this point.

I may have more but I will watch the bidding tonight and offer those up tomorrow evening.

(Hope that is ok Bob and Chuck.)

Have fun!

bobleibo

Ron, feel free, THANK YOU! ......bidders, how can you beat that?? Bonuses on top of bonuses!

Who is going to take us past the $200 mark?

Last edited:

bobleibo

Thank you Shawn, we really appreciate your way of thinking. Next stop $225....temporarily I'm sure.

bobleibo

Ahhh, one of the folks from that other thread has arrived. We are at $222.
Thank you Steve!
Who likes the number "5" ? ..as in $255? (we'll start off with only 2 of them..for now)

Last edited:

bobleibo

Thank you Steve. Ok, we have one of the two 5's. I can feel that there's another one out there not too far away.
(kind of ironic, Steve is trying to get the Abalone blanks back to the beach in Hawaii...hmmm. Interesting.)

bobleibo

See, I knew it wasn't too far away. Thank you Steve.
We are at $255. Who likes the number 7 ..as in $277 ?

brownsfn2

Do you think he will find this in Hawaii? :)

This is a pic of the blue blank. Excuse the cell phone pic please.

blueab.jpg

bobleibo

..and we like the numbers 3 and 0 also, Thank You Shawn. Since we're on a roll with 3's, who wants to bid all of them and take us to $333?

bobleibo

I just climbed up a coconut tree and got some FREE coconut juice:eek:...DON'T need no STINKING, OVERPRICED stuff from the mainland.:rolleyes::tongue:

Be honest, you were way up there trying to catch a glimpse of these amazing blanks wayyyyyy over here, huh?

We are currently at $300 and ready for the next step.

bobleibo

VERY clear...thank you Steve!

We are currently at $333. Who wants to take us to the next set of clear numbers?
$ 3 6 9 sounds pretty good, yes?

Top Bottom