the shop fairy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
well folks the shop fairy stopped by my shop last night and left me a brand new shiny Jet 12/20vs. been busy all afternoon building a new bench and turning area in the shop. going to be a busy evening

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dogcatcher

I don't have a shop fairy, I have shop elves, the little suckers keep moving things around so I cannot find them. Trade you a few of my misplaced elves for your fairy!

Congratulations on the new lathe!

corian king

Hello Rob! I have had that same lathe for about 4 years now and I love mine.Never had any problems until just recently.I am getting a little wobble from the top bearing so I guess I will have to replace it.I am not complaining it has made many many items. ENJOY and have fun.
JIM

SteveG

Congrats on the new lathe! I noticed from your photo that you set it up to turn while seated. I Have a very bad back, and do the same. Just to share my experience, for you and any who might want to try this. I use an old desk chair, back and arms removed, but wheels still in place. There is plenty of stability for turning, yet ease of movement as desired by rolling around a bit. Also YOUR height can be easily adjusted for different types of lathe operations. It is a great solution for me, as I am unable to stand for any period of time, but can work seated for extended periods. Enjoy the new lathe!
Steve

ctubbs

First congrats on the new toy. Use it in good health for many years to come. Your dust collection, I notice, is very low carbon foot print, just blow it out the window. If the window were just a bit lower, you could just sweep everything right out. Great idea there.
Charles

Grim Spirit

Well, we don't have a Shop Fairy...but there was this turner we weren't real sure about.

(with apologies to Lewis Grizzard)

chris in my mind it is like going from a pinto to a lincoln. i love the variable speed and also the ablity to turn larger items, bigger motor, very quiet operation, very smooth also... oh did i mention it is just so shiny. i notice you are in renyoldsburg drop me a line and come down and try it out we are only about an hour or so apart. the shop is open though a lil messy after the remodel

Top Bottom