Carter guides on rikon bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I thought the carter guides were mainly to upgrade from block style guides on bandsaws but I see that carter makes them for the deluxe 14" saw that many of us have.

Ha a anybody used the carter guides on their rikon 10-325? Does it make any noticeable difference over stock?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Dan, I have not used them on a Rikon, but, I do have a set on my 14" Delta. They make a world of difference, I find that the blades last a bit longer, or at least they seem to. The saw is not as loud as it normally was, and the cut quality is better (in my mind). I bought a used set from a seller on SMC, after I got them I replaced all of the bearings with new ones. If I ever sell or trade this saw for another, I'll be buying a set for the new saw before I use it.
Len

Wildman

Don't have that BS, but have read where folks with it made the switch. Might be tad easier to adjust than Rikon OEM guides from what have read.

Think more about blade use most, if 1/4" or less blades might be worth the cost.

Dan Masshardt

Don't have that BS, but have read where folks with it made the switch. Might be tad easier to adjust than Rikon OEM guides from what have read. Think more about blade use most, if 1/4" or less blades might be worth the cost.

If I was using a really small blade for tight radius, the stabilizer carter sells would be a must have.

jttheclockman

Don't have that BS, but have read where folks with it made the switch. Might be tad easier to adjust than Rikon OEM guides from what have read. Think more about blade use most, if 1/4" or less blades might be worth the cost.

If I was using a really small blade for tight radius, the stabilizer carter sells would be a must have.

That is true. That works really well.

Wildman

Yes certainly agree! Carter 14"- 18" CTR1 if fits your saw less expensive option. Did not see your saw listed!

2300, RIK14D, and Micro Adjust says will accommodate 3/16" to 1 inch blades. Hope you'll agree RIK 14D gives best bang for the bucks.

Devils in the details folks, those Carter guides pretty neat!

Rick_G

I don't have the Carter guides but I was in to my local home hardware store about a year ago and noticed a set of similar guides designed to fit in the slot where the cool block guides would normally fit on the clearance table for $5. I grabbed them and will never go back the the solid guide blocks.

Top Bottom