Table Saw ext/ router top

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

srs64

Any one know where some diy ideas on building a extension router top I can install on my Ridgid Table Saw?

Thanks
Sherman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Sherman; I have a Delta contractor saw. I have built a frame out of pine to fill the gap between the saw table and the outer table. Covered it with clear Lexon, drilled mounting holes and a bit clearance hole, and mounted one of my plunge routers to it. The clear plastic makes it easy to see through when turning on/off, changing bits, or making adjustments. Three screws allow you to remove the router if you need to use it for some other task. Cost to make ZERO. Just used scraps that were sitting around the shop

plantman

Sherman: Here is a photo of that addition. When not needed, just release the plunge lever and it drops below the table top. And no !! My table saw table is not rusty. I Think it is reflectiog the piece of plywood standing behind it. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCN0842 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN0842 (800x600).jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

Skie_M

Mmmm ... more like the ceiling of your shop.

Have you thought about screwing a piece of waste stock to the right side of your table saw fence to use it as a sacrificial fence for your router? That way you can get right over top of the centerline for most cuts that won't be using a collar on the bit. Just make sure the stock you use is thick enough that the bit won't be hitting the metal fence!

plantman

Mmmm ... more like the ceiling of your shop.

Have you thought about screwing a piece of waste stock to the right side of your table saw fence to use it as a sacrificial fence for your router? That way you can get right over top of the centerline for most cuts that won't be using a collar on the bit. Just make sure the stock you use is thick enough that the bit won't be hitting the metal fence!

This is the set up I use when I need to make moldings or larger cuts with the router. I made this out of 2 X 4 and 2 X 6 lumber. Fences are independently adjustable as is everything else including the hold down, vacuum lines, and clear plastic guards. Three horsepower VS plunge router mounted under the table that will handle large cutters. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCN0843 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN0843 (800x600).jpg
    352 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN0844 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN0844 (800x600).jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN0845 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN0845 (800x600).jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom