Welcome to the Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest sponsored by Exotic Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Once again we have the best oppertunityto show off your skills. Even if you dont think you cant win, enter anyway. Like the Lotto "You cant win if You dont play. The only sure way to lose is to not enter. There may even be a random prize or two. Entering the contest will push you beyond your comfort zone and really challange your skill sets.

A very large Thank You to Exotic Blanks for this years sponsorship! Thank You ED and Dawn! Your support of IAP and the Bash are incredible.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Day two of the bash and we are waiting to see what the cat dragged in......
Well really more in line of what you have come up with for an entry.. There is some great talent out there. Any working on their pen yet?

Ed McDonnell

I'm still in the concept stage for my entry. It would be nice to have the entry ready to go, but I'll probably be working and reworking right up to the closing bell.

I better get off the computer and get my chores done so I can get some time in the shop today.

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I know the feeling. We have some great prizes donated by Exotic Blanks. Gift certificates I believe and they have something for every one.

InvisibleMan

Blew mine up being stupid:mad:

Wasn't a winner anyway, just the next one I wanted to try. I have an idea for one, but not sure I'll have time.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I know the feeling. We have some great prizes donated by Exotic Blanks. Gift certificates I believe and they have something for every one.

In my best "Ed McMahon voice": YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR!!

There will be three prize gift certificates, in the amounts that Mike announced: 1st place ---$150.00 value from Exotic Blanks
2nd place---$100.00 value from Exotic Blanks
3rd place----$75.00 value from Exotic Blanks

I think you will find lots of products you can use, even considering your advanced skill level!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes we have the first Entry!
Right now its guaranteed First, second and third place as its the only one entered at this time. :biggrin: I somehow doubt it will be the lone entry for long. Get yours made and get it in. Its a great pen and starts us off in fine fashion.

ChrisN

Yes we have the first Entry!
Right now its guaranteed First, second and third place as its the only one entered at this time. :biggrin: I somehow doubt it will be the lone entry for long. Get yours made and get it in. Its a great pen and starts us off in fine fashion.

That would be mine! Do I get a prize for being first? :biggrin:

edstreet

This is confusing, what is 'intermediate' and what is 'advanced' I require a sample image of each and what makes one image 'advanced'. The verbage on the contest rules is lacking in this regard and vague at best.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
This is confusing, what is 'intermediate' and what is 'advanced' I require a sample image of each and what makes one image 'advanced'. The verbage on the contest rules is lacking in this regard and vague at best.

Ed,
For a variety or reasons that I am not going to itemize here the rules were written that way intentionally. The primary reason can be found HERE. Each contest entrant will do a self assessment and determine what class he or she belongs in. The Bash is for the members and the members said that this is the way they want the question of skill level handled.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Looking forward to our second entry. Remember there are important things in life. Skip work and make a pen.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I think we can all relate to that. We all have that pen in our collection, I know I do.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
wrapping up day 4 and I can hear the wheels turning as people are finalizing their design. Bring it on! Our on entry is feeling lonely and blue, time to give it some company!

Pitoon

i've been working several hours every night this past week trying to get mine done......the pressure is intense! :biggrin:

Pitoon

Carl Fisher

Well, I have a fallback pen done in case I can't pull off my original idea. I needed to do something else after my first failed attempt to regroup so I figured I'd at least finish SOMETHING.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Welcome Back to Day 5 of the Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest sponsored by Exotic Blanks. THe weather is great here at pen contest central and we will be interviewing some of out contestants later on in the day! Expect an exciting first round early this morning followed by a blow out half time show and down and dirty second half. We will be doing play by play commentary of one of the toughest most grueling pen competition around.

ChrisN has stepped up and thrown down the gauntlet. There is a great chance Pitoon will take up that challenge and return it in force. Stay tuned for more exciting pen turning action after station identification.

Pitoon

Welcome Back to Day 5 of the Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest sponsored by Exotic Blanks. THe weather is great here at pen contest central and we will be interviewing some of out contestants later on in the day! Expect an exciting first round early this morning followed by a blow out half time show and down and dirty second half. We will be doing play by play commentary of one of the toughest most grueling pen competition around.

ChrisN has stepped up and thrown down the gauntlet. There is a great chance Pitoon will take up that challenge and return it in force. Stay tuned for more exciting pen turning action after station identification.

while i read your post i started to imagine you broadcasting over the megaphone, lol!

Pitoon

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Sold before you made it is a great start.............No pictures it didnt happen:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its the start of a great Friday, the low was in the mid 60s last night and high in the 80s today. A great day to make a pen.. I know some of you are temperature challenged so I am willing to box and medium flat rate boxes of Fresh Warm Florida Air to you for only $13.60
to cover shipping and handling.:biggrin:

Heres to getting some shop time in this weekend and getting your pen made!

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
:biggrin:GoooooooooooooD! MORNING IAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

We are entering the Pre final, just before the last one, Time is running out, Weekend for Pen making! Now I know all of you that have had your morning coffee are out in the shop busy making that perfect entry for the Advanced Pen Contest but dont forget to take a break long enough to eat. Dont eat at the lathe, I know your dedicated but crumbs in the ca finish are a pain to get back out. Not to mentions coffee will stain light woods.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Wake up IAP! Grab some coffee avoid those Honey-Do's and get a pen made. I know that many of you are waiting to the last minute but dont get to strung out. Im looking forward to some great pens this year! See yours soon!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have our second entry in the advanced pen contest and according to my consultation with a spiritual medium there is room at the top. Mainly cause we have two entries and 3 prizes. Now I know some of you are letting the suspense and pressure build. You little devils you. Get off your butts and go make a pen.:eek:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The 17th at 11:59:59 pm You still have time. Its not like you need to sleep or anything! :biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes! Ladies and Gentlemen of all ages. WE have another entry and trust me you had better get your groove on cause its a beaut! Still plenty of time for entrees and we havent closed the gate yet.

Top Bottom