Mr. Anonymous Game #6 @ 26/9/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Lets have a go at this blank species, not a very common wood seen on sale, and one that, can make your eyes burn when green...!:eek:

Light weight and fair low medium density when dry.

Questions:

*- What wood species is this blank made/cut from..???

*- What style cut, was performed on this pen blank...???

There are no restrictions on who can play this game (new or older IAP members).

Conditions as per all previous games, on this Mr. Anonymous series. (check game #1 to #5 for conditions...!)

There is a single prize for this game (unless otherwise advised), the prize will be comprised of 8 pen blanks of my discretion, they may include up to 4 blanks identical to the ones shown in the picture...!

010.JPG 014.JPG

Good luck

Cheers
George

robutacion

Na...! ain't any of those...!:biggrin:

There is a clue on my opening post, about the "eyes", I can also say that, this tree species is found in almost every country in the world, is one of those that Europeans but not only, love to have in their backyards as they produce something eatable...!

I should also say that, these tree species have something in common with cows, yes, the four legged ones...!:eek:

I may just have said too much...!:confused:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Some rules reminder...!

Hi peoples,

Through out all these games that I created, since day 1, some simple rules have been added and then modified/updated to work in parallel with some of the game's "evolutions" there is, small details that I didn't think about when I decided to start these games but that, it become obvious that, some sort of "game conditions" were required to be introduced.

One of them, was the awarding consecutive prizes to the same person. Regardless if is knowledge and experience that allows some members to have always a good idea of what my questions are about and therefore, provided the correct answers.

Before Mr.Anonymous come to sponsor my games, I have at various occasions reminded people that, I have made a rule where, a winner, would not be able to claim another prize, within 90 days from the date of the previous award, this didn't mean that, that members could not participate on all the games in between, not al all, that members is most welcome to participate in all games within those 90 days period, that members could provided the direct correct answers knowing that they wouldn't count and someone else had to come out and give the same correct answer to be awarded, in those cases, I would ignore the correct answer of the member under "probation":wink: and wait for someone else to repeat that answer.

That member can also, not to provided the correct answer but hint others to it and make it even more interesting, either way, its OK however, and since Mr. Anonymous have decided to sponsor these games for awhile, I decided that, the time (90 days) that a previously awarded member has to wait before being able the claim another award, would be reduced from 90 days to 30 days (1 month), this mean that, that same members if very lucky or very good, can claim approx. 20 odd prizes in the next 20 months or so, or until my sponsor money doesn't run out, after that, we will. see what happens...!:wink::biggrin:

So friends, I tried to link you with some of the posts where I mentioned these rules but, I can't find them at the moment, they may be stuck in between other posts, as I did here however, any of previous awarded members, may recall these rules and validate them by confirming its existence, I would appreciate that.

I may have to write a dedicated thread, with these games general rules, there aren't that many but, is important that all participants are aware of them to avoid any future confusions...!

Yes, Mr. Kelly, this have something to do with you, may friend, sorry for the inconvenience, you will understand, huh...???:wink::)

PS: It is also OK that, if the member in "probation" gives the correct answer in any of the games where he can't claim the prize and no one else has come forwards with the correct answer, I can request that this members, recommends another participating members as the winner, I will take the recommendation, consider it and accept it or not, depending of the circumstances, capish...???

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Diagonal cut bull oak.

Quite smart, and I can see why you though if the Bull-Oak and my hint with the "cow' but, firstly what I have is not Bull-Oak is She/Bull-Oak, just a variation of the species...!
I do still maintain that this wood species, have something to do with "cows":eek::)

As for the Eucalyptus Dura, you're most welcome to chew on any of the "figs" that it produces, I never saw any on my tree so, that ain't the correct answer, either, sorry...!

PS: Where are all these new members...??? You don't have to have any experience with wood identification, to have a chance of winning, I have 81 listed wood species on my "timbers list", the correct answer is within those listed so, a little common sense of possible wood species natural colouration and some attention to detail to the way the grain is orientated on the pics shown, and any of you "newbie's" have as much chance as anyone else, don't you agree...?

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Krash

Yes, Mr. Kelly, this have something to do with you, may friend, sorry for the inconvenience, you will understand, huh...???:wink::)

PS: It is also OK that, if the member in "probation" gives the correct answer in any of the games where he can't claim the prize and no one else has come forwards with the correct answer, I can request that this members, recommends another participating members as the winner, I will take the recommendation, consider it and accept it or not, depending of the circumstances, capish...???

Cheers
George

Roger George! :good: :biggrin:

Top Bottom