Your chance to own some 10th anniversary IAP history!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Hello folks,

As you may or may not know, the Birthday Bash is held each year as the primary fundraiser to keep the lights on here at IAP. Without the bash, we would either have to have banner advertisements or other such advertising all over the site (rather than just int he classifieds) or we would have to charge a membership fee. Hosting a site such as IAP is not cheap!

Do you need a new clock for your shop, office, or even living room? Now is your chance to possibly own a piece of IAP history and help keep this site the best on the net! This is a limited edition (only one made for the public) 10th Anniversary IAP wall clock made from Texas Honey Mesquite with the finest of finishes and clock movements.

attachment.php

Here are the details:

• Made from Texas Honey Mesquite harvested and milled into lumber by myself
  • 12" diameter, 1" thick
  • Includes the finest available Seiko high torque mini quartz sweep movement (does not tick, runs like a Rolex)
  • Finish is 6 coats of Deft satin lacquer
  • 10th Anniversary IAP logo CNC engraved into the face of the clock
  • Highly textured ring around the outside to add character
  • Milled recess in the back for the clock movement with pocket for easy access to the set dial and to change the battery
  • Convenient keyhole slot milled in the back for easy wall hanging
  • 100% designed and made with care and attention to detail by myself (except hands and movement!)
clock2.jpg

clock3.jpg

clockback.jpg

Here is a youtube video of the clock movement. Notice how smooth it is! It is calling you!

[yt]sHymDMHaLA4[/yt]

Here is how you can own this fine clock...

Visit this link: IAP Appreciation Points and purchase IAP Appreciation Points. Each point purchased will be assigned a number in the purchasers name. Points will be available to purchase until 11:59pm central time Friday evening, February 28th. After the end of the purchase period, the numbers will be fed into a random number generator and a number will be selected. The person who bought the point number selected by the random number generator will receive this fine clock! You can purchase as many points as you like and there are even discounts for multiples!

Please note, the link above will take you to a page on the IAP Birthday Bash server where you can select the quantity of points you would like to purchase. There is a button there to check out through Paypal. You can use your Paypal account or a credit card. If you just hate using Paypal, call me and I can take a credit card number over the phone. BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR IAP USERNAME IN THE COMMENTS SECTION WHEN YOU GET TO PAYPAL. Otherwise, I will not know who you are! Edit...some folks are reporting that Paypal is not giving them a place to put comments. If this happens to you, please send me a PM with your real name so I can match you up to your points purchase!

All purchases are being handled through my business Paypal account so you will see TurnTex Woodworks on the payment screen. Rest assured, 100% of the net purchase (after Paypal fees and shipping) will immediately be sent directly to Jeff Brown, owner of IAP for site operation. I will also post a full financial reconciliation here in this thread. I will NOT post you name anywhere so you will be able to remain anonymous (unless you choose to post here in this thread!)

Be generous and own a piece of IAP history you will be proud to hang in your shop, office, or living room!

Here is the link again in case you missed it: http://iapbash.org/bash9/index.php/iap-appreciation-points

Attachments

• clock1.jpg
    clock1.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,260
Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Got my points! Wish I could afford more.
Beautiful clock - thanks for doing this, Curtis.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
wow that is a great clock. Now if Derek The entry stealing varmint doesnt try and take all the points for himself. I need to ask the wife if I can have my allowance.

Ed McDonnell

Curtis is too modest to boast about this, but he made the clock using the CNC router he built himself. You can get a Curtis work of art that was designed by Curtis and produced by Curtis on a CNC router that Curtis built.

Talk about a one of a kind. Opportunities like this do not come along every day.

Get those points here:

IAP Appreciation Points

Ed

Ed McDonnell

I forgot to add:

I used to live in Texas and EVERYBODY that I drank beer with down at the Broken Spoke used to rave about the mystical powers of Texas Honey Mesquite. It was claimed to have the power to make you look better, smell better, talk better and feel better. Of course, most of them were talking about the effects after eating meat that had been smoked over Texas Honey Mesquite....but I'll bet it works just as well in a clock form. You never know. There's only one way to find out for sure.......

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I would trade anyone a bag of mesquite chunks lb for lb if they were going to throw it in a smoker. I might even kick in a little for shipping if I had had a beer or two.:eek:

Ed McDonnell

WHO?? Wouldn't like that clock? :rolleyes:

Well, obviously everybody is going to love that clock. But we ARE talking about smoked meat here. And not just any smoked meat. Texas Honey Mesquite smoked meat.

Maybe Curtis should toss some mesquite chips in the box as packing material, so the winner won't be tempted. That way they get it all. A super precise clock to time their smoker and some awesome chips to use in the smoker.

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Darin - That's a really nice looking truck in your avatar picture. Imagine how good that clock would look in the garage hanging right by it. The tonal quality of the Texas Honey Mesquite would nicely complement that red paint job.

Ed

Ed McDonnell

I wish that truck was mine, its my pops. But that clock will look nice at my house. :)

Maybe the truck someday too, but no hurry on that!! :wink: Hey, here's a thought. Hang the clock in your pops garage. Might increase the chances of you getting the truck someday. :biggrin:

Ed

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Ed. Just so I understand you correctly. The numbers do go away from the wall? HUH! I never made the connection :biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will save your marriage and hang the clock at my house CHuck. Then when you ever decide to come back down to Florida for a visit you can visit with your clock.:biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

Thanks Ed. Just so I understand you correctly. The numbers do go away from the wall? HUH! I never made the connection :biggrin:

I KNOW!!! It's a suprisingly common problem. When I worked at the Timex hotline, the second most asked question was "I can't tell what time it is. Which side of the watch do I wear against my skin?".

Ed

Who will disclose that the number one asked question was "do I really have to lick it to keep it tickin?".

bobleibo

I'm in......great looking clock Curtis and since I have no way of knowing what time it is (HINT HINT) maybe someone can tell me when this auction is over!

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Does this clock come in a smaller size or different colors? I want mine Koa.

Sorry Mike, but we don't have Koa trees in Texas and I ONLY work with wood that I personally saw into lumber from logs salvaged from construction sites! The way I see it is that in the 15 or so years I built houses, I bought millions of dollars worth of wood and I'll be damned if I am going to buy any more! :)

Last edited:

toddlajoie

Sorry Mike, but we don't have Koa trees in Texas and I ONLY work with wood that I personally saw into lumber from logs salvaged from construction sites!

I'll send you a few Koa Saplings, and you can start growing Mike's:rolleyes: (or just put it the saplings in the ground for a few days, then harvest it and make him a VERY small one:biggrin:)

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Does this clock come in a smaller size or different colors? I want mine Koa.

If you win the clock, the further back you stand from it the smaller it will look. If you rub in some coke (the drink, not the white stuff from Miami) it will look even better than that Hawaiian stuff. Your own Coca Koa clock.

One of a kind for sure!!

Ed

Groan!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Hey I was given $5.00 of my allowance and I bought a point. :biggrin:
The rest of you back off and get away from my clock!:knife:

Ed McDonnell

Hey I was given $5.00 of my allowance and I bought a point. :biggrin:
The rest of you back off and get away from my clock!:knife:

I'm the man of the house. Nobody tells me how / when to spend my money. I do what I want / when I want.......I think I hear footsteps coming.....I gotta go.....I'll hit this link later when when you know who isn't looking / listening....

Real Men Buy These

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
That is one sorry knife pic that doesnt seem to be threatening anyone. I would probably have hurt myself tryng. Real men huh...............:biggrin:

Top Bottom