UK Penturners Forum?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

qquake

Well now, that's odd. I was able to get on it just now from my PC here at work. But for some reason, I can't get on it with my laptop at home. I wonder why that is. I'll have to see if I can get on it with my desktop at home.

qquake

I just tried rebooting my wireless router, but it didn't help. What's weird is, I tried accessing the site on my phone. With my phone on wifi, I can't access the site. But when I turn wifi off on my phone, I can access it. Must be something with my internet service. I'll have to call them.

Herb G

There was a DDOS attack yesterday. Try clearing the cache & rebooting your computer & modem and see if it works. I got on there yesterday no problems.

qquake

This has been going on for over a week. I spent 45 minutes this morning on a chat with Comcast. We tried all that and more, including resetting my modem remotely. It still doesn't work. I have no idea what the problem is, and neither did he. A tech is supposed to call me. I might call them later today and talk to someone in the States.

edstreet

There was a change of ownership recently in which the DNS records changes. The server was moved to a new provider.

It appears that the problem is the reverse lookup record. You can manually add a hosts entry to clear up the problem for the time being.

31.216.48.56 Pen Turning Forums

edstreet

Another thing to try is to change your DNS record lookup to 8.8.8.8 (public google DNS) and try that.

Code:
nslookup
Default Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

> penturners.co.uk
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    penturners.co.uk
Address:  31.216.48.56

Code:
 dig -t soa penturners.co.uk

;; ANSWER SECTION:
penturners.co.uk.       86400   IN      SOA     ns9.cloud.mycpanelcloud.co.uk. support.smarthosting.co.uk. 2016091505 3600 7200 1209600 86400

The DNS change was made on 09/15/2016, 38 days ago.

TonyL

Jim..I am a Comcast customer and it just worked fine for me. We are 2500 miles apart though.

Phil Dart

Jim - on your PC, close your browser, clear your cache, cookies and history, and try again. I promise you the site is up and running, and firing on all cylinders.

From your phone, enable wifi then go to site. If you get an error page, from that page go to somewhere that is bound to let you in, such as googles home page. From there , type in the full address www.penturners.co.uk - don't allow the phone to complete the address for you. You may find that will work for you.

Last edited:

qquake

I just called Comcast. What a waste of time. The agent was less than worthless. I explained my problem, and gave him the ticket number from my Comcast chat. He said I'll have to contact the owner of the website. I can't access the website, how do I contact them? Do a Google search for their phone number. They're in England. Which operating system are you using? Windows 10. I'll get you the number for Microsoft. It's not a Windows 10 problem, I can access it at work with Windows 10. I also explained that if I disable wifi on my cell phone, I can access the website. But If my phone is connected to wifi, I can't access the website. That tells me it's a Comcast problem. He told me he would connect me to wifi support, even though I explained to him that my PC is wired, it's not on wifi. That's when I hung up on him. I really need to call during the day and hopefully talk to someone who isn't in India.

qquake

Jim - on your PC, close your browser, clear your cache, cookies and history, and try again. I promise you the site is up and running, and firing on all cylinders.

From your phone, enable wifi then go to site. If you get an error page, from that page go to somewhere that is bound to let you in, such as googles home page. From there , type in the full address www.penturners.co.uk - don't allow the phone to complete the address for you. You may find that will work for you.

I've already tried all that, nothing worked.

qquake

There was a change of ownership recently in which the DNS records changes. The server was moved to a new provider.

It appears that the problem is the reverse lookup record. You can manually add a hosts entry to clear up the problem for the time being.

31.216.48.56 Pen Turning Forums

Another thing to try is to change your DNS record lookup to 8.8.8.8 (public google DNS) and try that.

Code:
nslookup
Default Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com

> penturners.co.uk
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    penturners.co.uk
Address:  31.216.48.56

Code:
 dig -t soa penturners.co.uk

;; ANSWER SECTION:
penturners.co.uk.       86400   IN      SOA     ns9.cloud.mycpanelcloud.co.uk. support.smarthosting.co.uk. 2016091505 3600 7200 1209600 86400

The DNS change was made on 09/15/2016, 38 days ago.

I appreciate you trying to help, but this is all beyond my ability.

Herb G

Jim, I feel your pain. I dropped Comcast 15 years ago & I haven't looked back ever since. IMHO, they suck. The straw that broke the camel's back
was when our service went out for 3 weeks straight.

No web service, no TV, nothing. It turned out one of their workers had turned off the booster box at the start of our neighborhood & never turned it back on. I went to the local office in person to request a 3 week refund on our bill. They wouldn't give it to me, claiming they couldn't find any trace of the 42 times I had called.

I told them they were liars, went to my car & got their equipment & turned it in. They didn't like it when I made them give me a receipt for their stuff. They sent me bills for months afterwards.
I returned them postage due.

They finally got the message.

Top Bottom