House

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Looks like the SS&B location of operation is going to be moving!
We are absolutely tired of city life, and everything that goes with it! So, we found this one....just waiting on all the paperwork in order to get the keys and start hualing 15yrs worth of stuff out there!

The drive to and from work will be a bit longer, but the lack of traffic should more then makeup for it. Yes, there will be more grass, but maybe I can name something 'Tasty' or 'Juicy' to work out the pasture area. And the pasture has it's own pond...if you need to find Lyn, she'll be out there.
The shop is big enough to accommadate the sawmill, camper, and trailer....as well as all my wood working 'stuff'. And Lyn can have her own shop! The back of the shop will allow me to build a table big enough for the entire family to sit at during those special meals.

Thanks for looking!

Scott (packing boxes) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

liljohn1368

Great looking place Scott. I bought 20 acres and a house about 5 years ago and I've loved it. I'm sure you will. Enjoy my friend I'm proud for you.

Curly

Nice looking place. What you call a pond is what I call a mosquito farm. :) We have 9 1/3 acres and can't wait till the house is built so we can enjoy the elbow room ourselves.

magpens

Congratulations, Scott and family !!!!! . It looks wonderful ... you will be very happy there !!!!!

robutacion

I hope you like mowing and have a big mower, oh boy, do you have some green grass and plants to work on...!

I saw all the pics available on Photobucket and the place look's huge, and all those sheds, including the horse stables, do you have horses...?

Hope you settle in soon and that you feel the place is everything you looked for, best of luck...!

Cheers
George

Sataro

Congrats Scott on the new place. Living in the country definately makes up for any drive time.

PapaTim

Great looking place. I wouldn't trade country living for anything.
It's time to start learning the words and singing along; "Green Acres is the place for me". Come on now, everybody join in.

SDB777

Ah.....the grass. "Juicy" and "Tasty" will get the majority of that duty, but I will have to invest in a zero-turn to get the rest of it done.
Still waiting, seems there is never enough of that while 'in the process'....the paperwork is downright foolish. Did you know, a fella has to have 'cow insurance', in case one of them gets out and hit by a car....supposed to keep me from being sued. Go figure!?!?! What about for beating the tar out of the person that hit the cow.....does that insurance exist?

The drive.....the wife and I ride together as her job is only a few miles in town away from me, so that'll help some. But it is still 500miles a week, and if we go to town...needless to say, the poor little car is going to have a bunch of miles on it.

Shop.....seems I'll have plenty of room. Wiring will need to be gone through, as none of the breakers are clearly labeled. I do have 19 separate outlets for 110 and 7 outlets for 220...thinking about a much larger lathe, and maybe a small crane to move the blanks :biggrin:
Sawmilling can be done right out the back door of the shop, and it'll be pretty much shade covered 90% of the day! Big plus!! Did I mention....I'm going to have a 4x4 45HP tractor with 'goodies' to move slabs and such(getting it primarily for a bush-hogging duty once a year and to re-dig the pond, but I'll put it to use :rolleyes: )

Was planning by the end of the first year to have at least four more lathes, and to start Woodturning 101 kind of instruction. Not sure about all the 'legal stuff' to do this, but I'm sure there will be something. Oh, the class/instruction....figure the cost to be right around FREE! As long as the 'student' takes home plenty of timber to continue turning...

Anyway, it's almost time to start packing boxes, so if y'all don't here from me....I'll be back as soon as I can get 'unpacked'!

Scott (too busy to poop) B

Anglesachse

Great looking place Scott. I bought 20 acres and a house about 5 years ago and I've loved it. I'm sure you will. Enjoy my friend I'm proud for you.

OK, everything is bigger over the pond, Just bought a house with 1/2 acre of land and that is considered huge in Germany.
Still, its got a 40 M2 (430 sq ft) workshop, which is almost ten times larger than I have at the moment.:biggrin:

BSea

WOW Scott! that looks awesome. Make sure the shop is heated & cooled. Oh, and get to work on the outdoor grill. Meeting will really be fun there.:biggrin:

SDB777

WOW Scott! that looks awesome. Make sure the shop is heated & cooled. Oh, and get to work on the outdoor grill. Meeting will really be fun there.:biggrin:

Wood stove has been ordered...I have a local guy in Beebe that is going to make me one for out there. The other shop and the main house already has wood stove heating(to supplement the electric heat-which I'd rather never hear come on).

Cooling.....well, there is a 7 or 8 foot fan on the end of the building. I turned it on and could feel the air pressure in the place just drop as everything was getting sucked out! Might not be very effective in July and August, but I am not putting A/C in there(there is a window unit that will be removed from a 'office wall' as soon as I get in there).

Outdoor grill.....covered, we have a nice Kenmore gas grille that will be going with us. I'd get a smoker, but that would mean I'd have to burn something else I'd like to turn...

Did the math, Teddy will be 4.7miles closer to me then before...almost like we're neighbors :biggrin: After the move, I plan on sneaking up to Teds' place for a late meeting visit since I wasn't able to attend yesterdays meeting.

Scott (Hickory and Pecan is too nice to burn) B

Top Bottom