Lowes - Harbor Freight Coupons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fireengines

I am looking at buying a Porter-Cable 15" drill press from Lowes.

A few months ago, I purchased a tool chest from Lowes and used a Harbor Freight 20% coupon. To do so, I had to find the right person at the store who took it without any problem.

Now, I want to use a 20% coupon to buy the drill press. I will call today to see if they will accept the coupon. My question is, what luck have you had using a HF coupon to purchase from Lowes?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

I did the exact same thing last year. I called a lowes close to the Harbor Freight in my town and told them I wanted the PC Drill press but Harbor Freight has a coupon. They told me to bring it in and they would match it. It had to be an original coupon though. Not all the lowes stores will do this by the way. I went to do this with a spindle sander and I called two Lowes stores before the third allowed me to use it. Good Luck!!

les-smith

I had no idea. Is Lowes and Harbour Freight connected somehow, or does Lowes just use other companies coupons?

This, my friend, intrigues me.

price match is an amazing thing. Some places have it so it has to be the exact item right down to the color even.
Now IF they will allow it as is, All the power to ya.

Fireengines

Update:
Well, for the first time in my life, I go up at 4:00 am and did "Black Friday". One of my stops was Lowes and I asked if they would take HF coupons.
The manager said usually they only match prices on same exact products. However, he said "let me see what I can do on the PORTER-CABLE 8-Amp 12-Speed Drill Press." I ended my getting it for their cost of $270.00.

It never hurts to ask!

Last edited:

brownsfn2

You did well!! Congrats! Make sure you check it all over. The screw on the side of mine that tights up the spindle so that it does not wobble back and forth does not work very well. I can't get it to set the way I want it. I think it is stripped. Aside from that I like the Drill Press very much.

Oh and don't forget, I think there is a 5 year warranty on it. I had to replace the lamp on mine because I thought there was a short in it. I was wrong but they still sent a new part right away.

ashaw

My wife works at Lowes. Last year she got me a cabinet saw Hitachi which was selling for 699.00 She got it for 58.00. They were getting rid of the saws and making them available only through special order. Each store had two and all of the store marked them down to 58.00 just to make room.

Alan

Update:
Well, for the first time in my life, I go up at 4:00 am and did "Black Friday". One of my stops was Lowes and I asked if they would take HF coupons.
The manager said usually they only match prices on same exact products. However, he said "let me see what I can do on the PORTER-CABLE 8-Amp 12-Speed Drill Press." I ended my getting it for their cost of $270.00.

It never hurts to ask!

HE SHOOTS, HE SCORES..... GOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLL!!!

Top Bottom