Help finding kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buddy Stacy

I have had someone ask if I could make a very slim fountain pen, but I can't find anything to fit her needs. I am attaching a pic of what she has now and a pic of what she needs to be able to do (even the one she has is thicker than she wants). No fountain pen kit I have been able to find is this thin. With all the experience in this group, does anyone know where to find such a creature?

5953f5e9c4d211713038d92881ce9591.jpg

f10f3a645b28368736ae1ab03a4b65c3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duncsuss

I've never seen a kit as thin as the Sheaffer Fashion (or TRZ) fountain pen. They are relatively inexpensive (e.g. Peyton Street Pens sells perfect "old stock" for around $30 to $40 ... LINK)

The only reason I know of this pen is that I have one which I've been thinking about selling, since I started making fountain pens myself I haven't used it.

More4dan

With a #5 nib, the thinnest I can make one is just under 1/2" diameter at the cap to body point. It could be a bit less if I put the cap threads on the front section. Most of the thinner pens I've seen have a friction fit cap instead of threaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

bmachin

A quick though by no means complete run through of the Berea bushing sizes in the library shows the Flat Top American beating out the Sedona .488 to .535 on the cap diameter. A whopping .047" and probably about as well as you could do going kitless.

Bill

Mr Vic

The pen is a Pilot Metropolitan. I have one on my desk in grey. Pulled out my Navigator and the Diameter is pretty close. If they like the rounded ends go with a Sedona. It the same kit but with a domed cap Finial and body end cap.
IMG_1044_1.jpg IMG_1045_1.jpg

Top Bottom