Bash-It-On : A year long activity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I don't want to have people put out because they have to ship internationally, so that's why I haven't signed up - it can be a big expense....and I can't really afford it anyway

If it works out domestically, maybe I'll add myself in later...

But yes, I'm surprised it's such a low number too!

Andrew

Rangertrek

I'm In

I'm in for the second box. Looks like a lot of fun.
Nice angle on geocaching for penmakers.
I have been geocaching for many years (1st in Louisiana).
Can't wait to get the box. PM Sent.

Randy_

Mannie:

Are you waiting for some minimum number of people before you start the second box in motion or simply waiting for some predetermined date??

No rush.......just curious.:wink:

If you don't get your min. number of people for the second list, maybe you could transfer a few folks from the first list to balance things out??

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Randy,
I haven't started either box off yet. I'll close this on Saturday morning and most likely even the two groups out and start the two boxes off on Monday.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
This is now closed to new participants. I'll get the final list posted later today. Please check to make sure I have you included if you had previously contacted me. I plan to get the packsge off in Mondays mail to the first participant, not necessarily the first on the list or the first to contact me.

philb

Will jump on the 2nd list if there's any spaces need filling?

Also dont forget to tick GIFT and under $30 dollars, otherwise intentional orders will get customs charges in many countries!

PHIL

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Finally got my act together and the two packages are going out today.....not in the order listed in the first post. I divided the names up so that there are about the same number of participants in each list. I will PM the recipients so they will know to be on the lookout for the package. I ask that they post here when they receive it. I will than send them a name and address to ship to.
If you sent me a PM that you wanted to be included but do not see yourself listed in the list, let me know, I may have missed copying your info.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I had Jeff move this thread over here to Casual Conversations and stick it to the top so it would be easier for everyone to follow. I'll post updates as to who the box is going to next as it progresses along.

Randy_

As I recall, the guidelines were that a recipient was to pass the box along within 48 hours of receiving it. Making allowance for weekends, shipping time and other little scheduling hiccups, I was figuring about one recipient per week per box.​

Since the first box was received on March 12, that would suggest about a dozen folks should have received the two boxes by now. I don't recall seeing even one message concerning the receipt of either of the boxes so I am kinda wondering what is happening??:confused::confused:

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
I didn't know we were supposed to post, it seemed like a big secret.
Of course, I could have just read the instructions..

.. naaah.

Real mean don't NEED instructions.

I got a package a few weeks ago, stuffed the box and sent it along.
Some neat stuff in there..

LEAP

I have to admit that I was the cause of some delay. I was out of the country for a week then came home on a holiday weekend and the post office was closed on Monday. It was fun picking through the box trying to decide what to swap for. Thanks for running this Manny, It should be interesting to see what you get back.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
As I recall, the guidelines were that a recipient was to pass the box along within 48 hours of receiving it. Making allowance for weekends, shipping time and other little scheduling hiccups, I was figuring about one recipient per week per box.​

Since the first box was received on March 12, that would suggest about a dozen folks should have received the two boxes by now. I don't recall seeing even one message concerning the receipt of either of the boxes so I am kinda wondering what is happening??:confused::confused:

The thread got lost over in the Bash Forum so I had Jeff move it. Was it a hoping it would have bee a little further along but hit snag or two. But moving along again.

polarbear1

I got the box in the mail and packed a new one ready to send, what a great idea, the box was packed about as full as it can get and is going out the same. I hope some people post some pictures of what they made with blanks and kits from the box.

Manny

Hey Mannie just curious who is next on the list for the second package

Thanks for running this the anticipation is killing me!!!

Last edited:

Randy_

Just got a message from Manny that one of the packages is on its way from Canada to Texas!! Sort of like Christmas in June!!

Just realized that the email from Manny came from California. I've been confused all of these months. I thought this activity was being organized by the Texas Mannie!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Just got a message from Manny that one of the packages is on its way from Canada to Texas!! Sort of like Christmas in June!!

Just realized that the email from Manny came from California. I've been confused all of these months. I thought this activity was being organized by the Texas Mannie!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Randy,
Don't get too confused, there is a Manny and a Monty here on IAP. I am "Monty", located in Texas. My real name is spelled Mannie but pronounced very similar to "Monty", hence my IAP name. Manny is located in California. Hope this helps you.

Randy_

Now, I am more confused than ever??? Went back and looked at the first message again and it did come from Mannie (TX Mannie) rather than from Manny (CA Manny). Don't know how I came up with that idea......computer gremlins, I guess. So it looks like I was correct all along and TX Mannie is running the Bash-It-On after all.

WOW.......guess I've been sniffing too much super glue??:eek::eek:

Manny

Now, I am more confused than ever??? Went back and looked at the first message again and it did come from Mannie (TX Mannie) rather than from Manny (CA Manny). Don't know how I came up with that idea......computer gremlins, I guess. So it looks like I was correct all along and TX Mannie is running the Bash-It-On after all.

WOW.......guess I've been sniffing too much super glue??:eek::eek:

Cracks me up. Just a side note to add confusion.
TX - Mannie is CA (the glue) Mannie

California - Manny is just a plain old lurker. Nothing more.... yet

hdbblue

A well travelled package arrived here today and I replenished the supplies and I'll send it out to ????

Only the shadow knows for sure - or Mannie.

Randy_

They tried to deliver mine Thursday; but I wasn't home to sign for it. So now I won't be able to get it until Monday evening because of the holiday.:frown:

Top Bottom