Cheer Rikon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambidex

I've had less than a stellar morning with being out plowing instead of turning.:mad: Just got back from getting some groceries (read beer) and decided as I've backed in a thousand times without issue I'd skip rolling down the windows so I could see the outside mirrors. Wise choice:rolleyes:. So after I knocked over the bench holding the lathe I got out of the truck expecting the worst. I picked everything up and holding my breath, hit the switch. Nothing..Took the on-off switch apart and saw that one of the wires had come loose..hooked it up and plugged back in and wallah!! The only real damage was cosmetic and even the mandrel was fine. It was a drop of approx. 3 feet onto concrete and not the first time it's happened. The other time was from the other genders side of the garage.:wink: I can say this has been the Timex of all lathes for me:biggrin:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 134
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 134
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TimS124

It might be worth bolting the lathe to the workbench and adding some ballast to the bench's bottom shelf. Hopefully, next time the bench gets bumped, it'll slide instead of tip and the lathe won't reunite with the floor again. :biggrin:

Ambidex

It might be worth bolting the lathe to the workbench and adding some ballast to the bench's bottom shelf. Hopefully, next time the bench gets bumped, it'll slide instead of tip and the lathe won't reunite with the floor again. :biggrin:

But then I'll have broken the Procrastinators Oath:eek::biggrin: Have been meaning to build a new bench (it's my story and I'm sticking to it) but meanwhile I think I'll take your advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom