Detail in instructions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

How detailed do you want the instructions with your "kits"?

• Very simple, tell me what goes where, one page-that's all I wanna read!!

Votes: 48 39.0%
  • Some detail--tell me WHAT to look out for, let me figure out how to avoid it!!

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • Great detail--WHAT should I avoid, HOW should I avoid it--if the instructions get long, that's OK!

Votes: 32 26.0%
  • I just am NOT going to read the instructions, so do whatever floats YOUR boat instruction authors!!

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kovalcik

I would rather have links to the instructions in the confirmation email than printed on a card in the box. (Eyesight is going and I hate to type.) Most important to me is for vendors to to have very easy access to instructions online. As long as the kit has the company name and the kit name clearly marked on the lablel, I should be able to find what I need online. Also, keep old instructions online in case I find an old kit that has been discontinued in a drawer.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I think that the instructions from the various manufactures is fine... there is room for improvement, and I have misses installing a trim ring or 3 over the past few years :rolleyes:, but what I would like to see added to the instructions are generic instructions for the various kits that show how to install the flipping refills. It would be nice to be able to include that with each pen. If my photography skills didn't suck so bad I'd produce the instructions myself, but I'd rather copy, paste, and print :)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Donnie,

I have considered putting information in with products, geared toward your customer.

The reason I have NOT done this---do you want your "competitor pen maker" giving out the exact same card YOU do???

One of the ways you differentiate yourself in selling pens is the "information" you can provide---if I provide it, where is your differentiation???

Ed

Edit in: Let me be clear, I AM open to doing it!! All feedback is taken into consideration!!

Last edited:
Donnie,

I have considered putting information in with products, geared toward your customer.

The reason I have NOT done this---do you want your "competitor pen maker" giving out the exact same card YOU do???

One of the ways you differentiate yourself in selling pens is the "information" you can provide---if I provide it, where is your differentiation???

Ed

Edit in: Let me be clear, I AM open to doing it!! All feedback is taken into consideration!!

The point is well taken and since you put it that way I do agree. I was looking at this through my practical perspective in a low volume and very local market glasses, so I wasn't thinking like the guys who do this for a living.

I guess I needs to find a photographer.

sbrant

I would like basic instructions with just a very small area regarding any "issues" that individual have had and how to avoid them. I keep all my printed instructions in a binder for future reference but online would be helpful also.

Top Bottom