TruStone and Gemstone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LouisQC

If these products are indeed made from pulverized stone mixed with resin, how can they reproduce the veins in some them such as the Malachite or the Lapis marble effect?

I've turned my first Chilean Lapis Gemstone last week (screwed it up at sanding...) and I'm wondering how can they make these blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

I can imagine, but I'm sure someone has more info :)
Don't count on it! This subject has been discussed many times and no one knows how they do it. Lots of speculating but nothing more.

If memory serves (and I could be mistaken) one member, Anthony Truchetta, visited their factory in Arizona but even then was not allowed in the area where they make the blocks.

OKLAHOMAN

I can imagine, but I'm sure someone has more info :)

Thanks for the comment Cav.

Don't count on it! This subject has been discussed many times and no one knows how they do it. Lots of speculating but nothing more.

If memory serves (and I could be mistaken) one member, Anthony Truchetta, visited their factory in Arizona but even then was not allowed in the area where they make the blocks.

Don't know if it's kept in a safe as KFC's 11 secret spices but it is a closely held secret. I also know that another member Steve Roberts has been there and not allowed in that "secret aera".

PenWorks

He has been doing this for a long time and has the recepie down pat. Casts in huge blocks with pressure, then wet saws to sizes. A pretty big operation but the pliable blanks are a small part of his operation, They do a huge bead business.

JerryS

He has been doing this for a long time and has the recepie down pat. Casts in huge blocks with pressure, then wet saws to sizes. A pretty big operation but the pliable blanks are a small part of his operation, They do a huge bead business.

Do they have a web site ?

Top Bottom