Pen Mandrel-No more Flexing!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

While researching a totally different subject, I happened to run across a listing for a 10 mm pen mandrel on the PSI web site!! Don't know if it was for real or a mistake?? Has anyone seen this item or actually have one??

Now, if we can only figure out how to turn a slimline kit on a 10 mm mandrel......no more problems with flex!!!:D:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

I agree with the question about bushings. We would have to go out and buy a new set of bushings for each kit. Would be nice to have a mandrel with no flexing. But the cost at roughly $8 a set. [B)]

Randy_

It was late when I posted the original message.....or more accurately.....very early. Anyway, the company that is actually offering the 10 mm mandrel is Rockler, not PSI. Sorry for the confusion. Here is a link to the item for your inspection: http://tinyurl.com/kugzo

As you can see from the listing, they say bushings are available; but I wasn't able to find them?? The Rockler web site is not an easy site to navigate. One might reasonably assume that these mandrels are only for pens with 10 mm tubes so there won't be a lot of kits or bushings involved. If I get a little time I will look into it more closely; but since I don't deal with Rockler it is not a big issue with me. I don't like the fact that they don't publish pen kit information in their paper catalog. It makes doing product comparisons difficult....note previous comment that their web site is not the best.

Johnathan

Well, you change that one little madrel, and everything has to be changed! You would have to modify or make bushings for almost all the kits. There are ways to avoid the flexing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom