Pentarsia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ctEaglesc

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

Originally posted by TheHoneymooners
<br />

Now-- Johnny might need to bend a rule at the auction-- I'd LOVE to know what this masterpiece will bring for the hospital!!! :eek:)
This pen will bring more money than all the other pens combined. I know this because I am bidding on it. And there is a surprise going to happen at the auction!

rtjw

Originally posted by rtjw
<br />
Originally posted by TheHoneymooners
<br />

Now-- Johnny might need to bend a rule at the auction-- I'd LOVE to know what this masterpiece will bring for the hospital!!! :eek:)
This pen will bring more money than all the other pens combined. I know this because I am bidding on it. And there is a surprise going to happen at the auction!

This post in no way says anything bad about anybody's pens. As Eagle stated in his first post on this pen, It has a long story behind it. I in no way think that everyone else's pen is less than his. It is something that has been talked about and discussed (and cussed) about over the last six or seven weeks. There are personal reasons why I am bidding on this pen myself.

This contest has totally been about the hospital getting as much money as possible in order to help the children. It has always been that way and will always be that way.

I am not putting pens in myself to this contest because I do not want to show any hint of improper motives. My gift to the contest will be a gift to the hospital. I have tried not to say anything about it and will continue not to say anything about it. Eagle and the hospital knows my intentions and that is really all that need to know.

No surprises for eagle or anyone else. Only the hospital.

ashaw

Johnny

I think what you and Eagle are doing for the hospital is great. You have put a lot of hard working and most likely your own money into to this project. We all proud what you have done and what Eagle has done.

Alan
Alan

rtjw

Originally posted by timdaleiden
<br />
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />As far as those who are eager to zing you, and may I call myself one of your coharts, consider the source. I know that you and Ron from Drums have had a conflict or two. However Ron stepped up to the plate and acknowledged your incredible pen. For that, Ron, I salute you as a true gentleman. As far as those whose silence is deafening, a small pew of sore thumbs sticks out in my mind.

Gosh William, it almost sounds like you calling my name here. I have been busy learning all sort of new things about Web design lately, and I usually don't comment on pens presented anyway.

I will say that it is nice that he (I just can't call him Eagle) is donating a pen to a worthy cause. I think it's great that so many people helped Johnny with this great cause. I really believe in helping children.

Tim

I just got off the phone with Eagle, he is changing is ISP and his server is down. He would like to acknowledge all the positive comments made about this pen that was inspired by noah.

Woodbutcher68

I just took my first look at this pen and am at a loss for the words to describe it. Every compliment that could be given has been and I agree with all of them. Eagle is a true artist in every sense of the word. Artists are different from the rest of us in that they will see and attempt things that the rest of us view as impossible, and they will complete those endeavours. I have had the pleasure of knowing a few artists,(my girlfriend has her Masters in Art from Notre Dame)and know that they hear a different drum than the rest of us.
I have had a couple of e-mail exchanges with Eagle in the past and respect both his work and his opinions.
On a side note, it would be great to see the pen and its creator featured in a Woodturning magazine article.
Sorry Eagle, but that's just my opinion!

Rifleman1776

This post has been viewed more than 2000 time and replied to about 85 in five days. Sadly, any thread that lasts that long will generate some negativity. Hard to understand. But even with as magnificant a creation as this pen, it happens. I suggest the 'downer' comments be ignored. For inspiration, just look at the pen and it's subject matter. Inspiration.

Fleabit

MAN!! I get deployed for a bit and look what pops up. The amount of time and effort to figure out those cuts makes my brain hurt (I don't like to over excercise mine too often lol). Again, you turned out a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. How many times did you pass out holding your breath assembling the pieces and the final pen?! [:D]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Whenever cuts were made I haeld my breath.
When I cut the "window in half I held my breath and closed my eyes after I set up the table saw.
The first time I put a chishel on it I held my breath, put on my headset magnifer and said a prayer.
After that with the blessing of Saint Caglue everything went o.k.

Okay... I guess I should look closer.[:I]

What wood did you use for the dyed yellow veneer or the bleeched white veneer? Certainly not walnut cherry or mahogany.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />Thanks!!

BTW - Is that two stars I see below your name?
You are welcome .
IIRC you didn't let out much info about your "masterpiece"
Yep 2 stupid stars

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by jeff
<br />
Originally posted by cteaglesc
Yep 2 stupid stars
What's it worth to you if I can make it so you can turn off the stars and the post count? [?][8D]
Leave or take them out.
People stopped using stars that meant anything a long time ago.
Screw the libs and their P.C. worlds

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />"3000views!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That's better than stars anytime! [:)]
I think if I Added up all the times I asked Jeff to reset my PC it might add up to 3000, but this is definately better
(Shameless post to increase replies)

rtgleck

Hey Eagle, I can't say anything more than what's already been said, but I would like you to know I too really like the pen. I think you did a wonderful job.

Randy

rtjw

Well, I received the pen this morning. WOW is all I can say. Of course, not to brag or anything, the blank that was made for me looks better than this one in my opinion. Scared to death to turn it. I am so scared I made Eagle drill it for me! I may just take sand paper and sand it until it gets down to the bushings.

atvrules1

Wow Eagle. I've been posting on your other pens trying to figure out what to say about this one, and I don't think words can do it justice. Your creativity and ability sure put me to shame. I'm just glad that you post these pens so that I have something to aspire to. Just be aware that you have a fan here.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I have the idea that this topic will be locked soon.
Thanks to all who posted,apologies to all I offended by making a pen with a religous theme.

Darley

No offence to any one here Eagle with your pen ( only Rock Brain Born may think )just curious how many people who will go to the minight Christmas service at they church and have a glimmer of your pen when looking to the stained-glass church window [:D]like the pen you done an execlent work, have a good Christmas and post your new brew next year[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom