OK, i fixed my oops!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sumterdad

sumterdad

This is a pen I made for a young boy in the church. I had a blow out at the end of the blank no big deal right. Well I cut about an 1/8th of the end and proceeded to put the point and twist mchanisim on the short side yep the ink cartridge stuck out so I went to hf and bought the punches that some of you recommend and I was able to fix it by swapping ends. This is how it turned out

Attachments

• 2011-09-21_18-12-59_961.jpg
    2011-09-21_18-12-59_961.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 2011-09-21_18-12-43_339.jpg
    2011-09-21_18-12-43_339.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 168
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

No I wish it was I am not sure who cast it. Jonathan sent me some blanks but he said he didn't cast all them. It might be hos or someone elses. Didn't want to put a name on it since I was insure. But yes it is a nice looking blank.

Drstrangefart

I would like to learn how to cast but I have to learn a few different types of pens first

I finally pulled the trigger on getting some casting done. With a demo, the basics are pretty straightforward. If you get the chance to pick up some bacis supplies, give it a shot. I had to wait out a lack of funds. It took about 60 bucks to get started, I got 5 blanks out of it, and it was great. It's really enjoyable.

sumterdad

I am in the same pen turners club as jonathan and i hope that I will be around for one of his demos. Seeing that i am just two weeks into this i feel like I have fallen in head over heals in love again. I just have so much to learn and I really would like to learn casting. I see things and I wonder how would that look in a cast.

Drstrangefart

I am in the same pen turners club as jonathan and i hope that I will be around for one of his demos. Seeing that i am just two weeks into this i feel like I have fallen in head over heals in love again. I just have so much to learn and I really would like to learn casting. I see things and I wonder how would that look in a cast.

He does a good demo. I followed what he showed us almost verbatim on the mixing and pouring and the results were solid.

Top Bottom