Cast #5, and the end of that can of PR....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

317364_217582584968481_100001502242963_578680_844800487_n.jpg

So, I was using a mold made of some just add water stuff. (Long story, not my choice) The mold shrank considerably in the curing box I made. It started to leak from the blank mold into the form I built the mold in. I lost a little over half this blank because of it. I had to salvage pretty hardcore to get it to work out. One side had a flat spot the entire length of the blank AFTER getting to the bushings. I added a lot of layers of thick CA and sanded them off repeatedly. It's virtually undetectable now. I used chrome tubes, no paint on it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bobalu

Looks like you pulled it together. Looks a lot like my first cast. Maybe everyone does blue and white their first cast. Now you're hooked Allen.

Drstrangefart

Looks like you pulled it together. Looks a lot like my first cast. Maybe everyone does blue and white their first cast. Now you're hooked Allen.

We only bought 6 colors to start off with. I ran through the more complimentary ones. Did Aztec Gold and Silver twice as I didn't think I was getting a pen out of my first one. It's sad that the can of PR only had 5 blanks in it. I'm totally hooked, just need more PR now.

InvisibleMan

So how long does this casting take? I thought it took over night for everything to set up and be ready? I feel like I just went through a time warp. Yesterday, nothing. Today, the dude puking rainbows has 5 casts done!:confused::biggrin:

They all look great BTW. I'm actually looking forward to #3 though. That's my favorite pre-turned.

Drstrangefart

So how long does this casting take? I thought it took over night for everything to set up and be ready? I feel like I just went through a time warp. Yesterday, nothing. Today, the dude puking rainbows has 5 casts done!:confused::biggrin:

They all look great BTW. I'm actually looking forward to #3 though. That's my favorite pre-turned.

I built an incubator to speed curing. Flipped a clear tote over, cut a hole and fed a hair dryer into it. Takes 2 or 3 hours. Got the catalyst right, too.

duc9nine9

Nice pen! Colors work great together. Down the road, if I ever try my hand at casting, I hope mine turn out as nice as yours. And in answer to your earlier question, yes it was Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables. Great album in its own right, marching band revenge is just an added bonus!

Drstrangefart

Nice pen! Colors work great together. Down the road, if I ever try my hand at casting, I hope mine turn out as nice as yours. And in answer to your earlier question, yes it was Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables. Great album in its own right, marching band revenge is just an added bonus!

The basic casting is relatively simple and you can start for about 60 bucks. And Stealing Peopkes Mail is one of the best songs ever.

Top Bottom