Golden Amboyna Burl pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I was making this for an order, but it didn't come out the way I wanted it to so it will remain with me. I'm not too upset about it though...LOL It is made with a TN Gold Cigar kit and maybe tomorrow I will make a matching pen improperly and have a matched set. The finish on this one is clear gloss poly.
EDIT (for Cav)--- These are both from my stash, another first.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0998.jpg
    IMG_0998.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 299
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Reversed some bushings, huh?

.. I mean .. not that I would know firsthand .. not me.. I mean.. you know,
I've heard people say that's how .. um .. nevermind. :tongue:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Reversed some bushings, huh?

.. I mean .. not that I would know firsthand .. not me.. I mean.. you know,
I've heard people say that's how .. um .. nevermind. :tongue:
Nope, just used the wrong bushings completely and when I hit it with the caliper, I knew I was screwed but wasn't going to toss wod like this. I may cast it and redo the blank.

Ligget

That is too nice a plating to have on a shop pencil, disassemble it and turn the wood off the tubes to save them too.

I get my Cigar bushings mixed up frequently!

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
That is too nice a plating to have on a shop pencil, disassemble it and turn the wood off the tubes to save them too.

I get my Cigar bushings mixed up frequently!
What I am talking about would be casting clear acrylic over the wood so I would still have the look of the wood. This stuff has a lot of eyes and I would like to keep it since I don't have any more of it. The TN Gold is the perfect finish for a shop pencil as far as I am concerned.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Wow what a bummer, I like your idea of casting over the wood, but won't that be an awful thin layer of resin?
It would be just as thick as if I were to build it up with CA. It is a mistake that can turn into an experimental blank, if it doesn't work, I have lost nothing. It is worth a try at least.

Top Bottom