Enhanced Dogwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This TN Gold Polaris is the first attempt I have made with a new stabilizing chemical that I am testing. It has no finish other than being sanded to 12000mm and a quick buff with no wax. It shines as well as any CA or Poly finish I have seen. The wood is a piece of scrap Spalted Dogwood root ball that I threw into the tank to see what would happen. I can't wait to try the Redwood Lace Burl and the Spalted Black Locust Burl that is in the tank now.

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 182
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TowMater

I ran into a guy today that claimed to have some stabilizing material used by archeologists in powder form. He's looking around to find it and said he'd call me so that might be interesting.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I ran into a guy today that claimed to have some stabilizing material used by archeologists in powder form. He's looking around to find it and said he'd call me so that might be interesting.
That sounds interesting. Maybe we could break it down and find out what the chemical compound is and duplicate it.

TowMater

That sounds interesting. Maybe we could break it down and find out what the chemical compound is and duplicate it.

I'm up for the collaboration!

I'm going to see him in a few minutes as he found the documented ivory we spoke of yesterday.

He also has a sizeable slab of true Honduras Rosewood, but it's $800.00 and I can't buy both the ivory and the rosewood just now.

markgum

AWESOME. sand to 12000mm and then wax.. keeping my fingers crossed this goes well, and a share of the "recipe" happens.

Top Bottom