Enamel Floral ~ Keeper or not?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from creativewriting

I was looking at a few of my older pens and trying to decide if the designs were keepers or not. This one where I am on the fence so I decided to post a pic to get others opinions.

The pen was a pain to make.:mad: It is all polymer clay. I used silver clay with micca powder for the metalic look and tinted liquid polymer for the enamel.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Attachments

• metal pen.jpg
    metal pen.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 449
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

I think it's pretty cool Keith. The only downside about it is the kit. That kit seems to break all the time. Fortunately I only made and sold a few, but the customers kept calling me because the nib section kept breaking at the coupler. I replaced this one guys section 8 times before he finally tossed the pen.

The only downside about it is the kit
I won't buy any more. These were all purchased when I was starting out and didn't want to fork out the "big bucks". I may have a few left to experiment with, but that will be it.

I like the design, I just don't know if it is "over the top". It is a stretch from the more masculine designs I am accustomed too (Toni don't say a word:tongue:)

No millefiore here. I have made a few canes and found out I don't have the patience. Faux effects are more my thing (faux-a-fiore....I like it)!

Toni

FINALLY!! Its my turn to have a go at you:party: What turns me keith is the silver background in the photo it looks cheep, but I like the design!!! Is it to late to antique the silver?? just a thought.

Could you also tell me what style this pen is, so I dont purchase it.

Nice to see your work!! Hugs!!!!!!!!

I am with you on the silver, but I didn't think antiquing would help. I can still do it since I have not put a finish on it yet. It has been sitting on my desk for several months waiting for me to decide if I should scrap it or not.

Toni

KEITH!!!!!! I know what you can do......(no not chuck it):) Pinata Inks!!!! put some drops on a tile and dab on with a q-tip there are some really great colors you can use to give the pen a stained glass like affect...you know? I think it sounds like a great idea:)

I have a whole drawer full of Inks. This might be worth a try for experimentation purposes....but that might be traveling down the "girlie" road to much:eek::biggrin::wink:! I am going to leave the florals for you and go back to my leather and ivory!

Toni

I have a whole drawer full of Inks. This might be worth a try for experimentation purposes....but that might be traveling down the "girlie" road to much:eek::biggrin::wink:! I am going to leave the florals for you and go back to my leather and ivory!

LOL...it was a thought, didnt realize it was girlie!!

Hey, now. This is a "family" site. What you do in the bedroom should remain your secret.:wink::biggrin:

LOL

LEAP

Keith,
Where can I learn a little more about this liquid polymer you used? i have had an idea for a pen based on Mondrian's paintings and this may be the way to achieve it.
Thanks

Phil - you can also find it at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, AC Moore or whatever craft store is in your area. Lilquid Polymer is pretty cool. It is mostly translucent so you can add oil paints, mica powders, or other types of colors and inclusions. You use it much like paint. It still needs to be cured like regular clay. It is great for enamel effects, stained glass, or anything else you can think of. Use the 40% off coupons and grap a tube.

Top Bottom