For a fellow Chief.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AceMrFixIt

AceMrFixIt

Teak with CPO clip, rating badge and ships crest, CA finish. Water slide decals are the shiznit.......

Attachments

• pens3_2010 007.jpg
    pens3_2010 007.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 414
  • pens3_2010 025.jpg
    pens3_2010 025.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lawry76

That is such a neat pen. My son is a Master Chief on the USS-McInerney and I get to go down in April and join him for their "Tiger Cruise." First time for me. I am very proud of him and very excited to get to be on his ship. Nice work.

glycerine

That is such a neat pen. My son is a Master Chief on the USS-McInerney and I get to go down in April and join him for their "Tiger Cruise." First time for me. I am very proud of him and very excited to get to be on his ship. Nice work.

Cool, you'll love it I'm sure!! My brother-in-law was on the USS Kauffman 2 tours in a row and I got to go on both Tiger Cruises with him. I got sick on the first one, but I blame the food. Second time I was fine. They fired off lots of guns and ammo, including the big 76mm. I've got a shell from that that I plan on making into a lamp or something someday soon. They even let the Tigers fire some stuff!

medemt

Rick,

Where do you get the water slide decals? Do you print them yourself or do you get them pre-made?

Also, are they put directly on the wood, our do you finish first and then cover the decals with CA?

Nice looking pen (even though it is Navy). LOL Retired Marine here.

Dan

AceMrFixIt

Thanks. A old shipmate of mine is the base Command Master Chief, I'm sure they know each other. As far as sea sickness....saltine crackers.....no coffee......It worked for my sons when I took them out once. Enjoy.

AceMrFixIt

Cool, you'll love it I'm sure!! My brother-in-law was on the USS Kauffman 2 tours in a row and I got to go on both Tiger Cruises with him. I got sick on the first one, but I blame the food. Second time I was fine. They fired off lots of guns and ammo, including the big 76mm. I've got a shell from that that I plan on making into a lamp or something someday soon. They even let the Tigers fire some stuff!

I made off with 4 powder casings from a 5" gun and used them for the legs on my computer desk. It wasnt the food....sickness happens to you side stepping beach creatures...........no sea legs.

AceMrFixIt

Rick,

Where do you get the water slide decals? Do you print them yourself or do you get them pre-made?

Also, are they put directly on the wood, our do you finish first and then cover the decals with CA?

Nice looking pen (even though it is Navy). LOL Retired Marine here.

Dan

I print my own, on wood it needs sealed with CA first then decal then more CA. By the way.....Marines...Dept of the Navy......

AceMrFixIt

Where did you find the clip and the insignias. Very nice pen!!

Retired Air Force and would like to make something like this.

Dan

Thanks. Clips from Woodpenpro.com. He is a Navy Officer so he does mostly Navy clips. The decals come from various web sites. Each military command should have one as well as a crest that can be copied and sized to fit the pen. Give it a try.

AKBeaver

Rick, I am sure the Chief Bos'un will cherish it. Very nice pen, but there is somehing about the anchor that strikes me as a little funny....

Oh I see it there is no shield on it, just some funny letters!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Dave
Active Duty CWO3 USCG (Senior Chief on the Dark Side):)

Top Bottom