Cumberland & Casein

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

A pair of Jr. Statesmans. Ebonite Red and black cumberland roller ball and Ivory Casein fountain pen with 18k nib from Lou. That Casein smells worse than antler when turning. Both pens have 3 coats thin ca and both have alt. ivory finials with customers monogram lasered in then black color filled. Blanks from Exotic Blanks, thanks Ed and Dawn. All comments welcome and appreciated.

Attachments

• pens 004.jpg
    pens 004.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 306
  • pens 015.jpg
    pens 015.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russell Eaton

Captg those look very nice. I thank you for posting the casein pen, I bought one of those blanks a few months ago and didn't know what kit finish to put it on. I really like the gold/silver combo look a lot! I just hope it doesn't stink THAT bad. Both pens look nice!

jttheclockman

Those are both beauties. Without a doubt that ebonite stuff is so classy. Every time I see it it pushes me closer and closer to getting some of this stuff. Is there a reason you put CA on both these pens???? Does it need it??? I asked this question awhile ago and din't really get a positive answer. I would have thought these polish to a high shine. Thanks for showing.

CaptG

Those are both beauties. Without a doubt that ebonite stuff is so classy. Every time I see it it pushes me closer and closer to getting some of this stuff. Is there a reason you put CA on both these pens???? Does it need it??? I asked this question awhile ago and din't really get a positive answer. I would have thought these polish to a high shine. Thanks for showing.

Hi John, The ebonite is a rubber and did not polish up as nice as the ca, plus Exotic blanks recomended some type of finish to better preserve this stuff. As for the casein, I noticed the blank was starting to get a dirty stain from all the handleing it was getting on my shop desk before turning. It did polish up very nice, but I wanted to protect that shine, hence the 3 coats of thin ca.

CaptG

Beautiful work. You are pushing me toward deciding what kit to use with my casein blank.

Could we please see a shot of the finial(s)?

Here ya go Cav. Picture makes it look like blank is slightly oor, but I can assure you, it is an optical illusion. My story and I am sticking to it, lol.

Attachments

• pens 021.jpg
    pens 021.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 110

OKLAHOMAN

Gary, I'm just a little partial to that Cumberland....no the Casein...no the Cumberland.....no the Casein........oh hell they're both my favorites.

mrburls

Great looking set of pens Gary. Both materials are some of my favorites, infact I am half way done with a red and black ebonite Jr, Gent pen. Deciding what kind of finish I want to put on it.

Keith "mrburls"

Top Bottom