Avion Sceptre's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Avion Sceptre

Some new casted feathers appeared on my doorstep today, I couldn't resist.

This is a Jungle **** Sceptre
IMG_9200.jpg

IMG_9197.jpg

A Guinea
IMG_9189.jpg

IMG_9188.jpg

A Tragopan

IMG_9194.jpg

IMG_9193.jpg

I hope you enjoyed them…

Casting from John Underhill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

omb76

Those are some great pens!! The Jungle... is very striking, perfect kit/blank combination!. I like the shape of the cap on the Tragopan it looks like it is a straight cut up until you get close the cap and then curves out...neat detail. Congrats on such nice pens!

burgerman

They are absolutely stunning! Great work - both you and John! I really like the jungle sceptre one. The kit and blanks go very well together and look great with that black leather case. Nice work.

Crickett

Incredible looking pens, Jim. Both you and John should be patting each other on the back for a job well-done.

I'm guessing that first blank cost you a pretty penny!!
:wink:

wood-of-1kind

That is a nice pen, I would really "love" it if the centreband was toned done a bit (actually a lot). Those JOhnU feathered blanks are nothing short of superb.

Thanks Every One,

These pens go into a local gallery and I am fortunate that they sell well.

What is striking for me is that as they emerge on the lathe I can't wait to assemble the pen.

Peter, the Rotondo loves this material,, and, bling sells in the gallery... they want the unique look and 22k gold helps it along the way as long as it compliments the look... hey, I just make 'em!!

Marla, these are all lovely to work with, John is like yourself, very supportive and easy to work with. I can't wait to see those new timeless works (hehehe) when they are ready, you know where they are going!!

:)

wizard

Jim, Those are some beautiful pens! All gorgeous, but my favorite is the Tragopan with all the vivid colors. I would have a hard time letting go of that one. Really like the way you turned the caps so the profile flows with the pen. Congratulations to both you and John. Regards, Doc

Jim, Those are some beautiful pens! All gorgeous, but my favorite is the Tragopan with all the vivid colors. I would have a hard time letting go of that one. Really like the way you turned the caps so the profile flows with the pen. Congratulations to both you and John. Regards, Doc

Thanks Doc.

It is one of design aspects I enjoy about this pen by David Broadwell. I also have heard a lot of feedback from clients of the gallery, they Love the look of the cap, it really has an appeal to certain people. I am blessed that the gallery owner also has many closed evenings a year for regular gallery patrons to come in for a wine and cheese to meet the artists and the local pen maker, I have enjoyed listening to many about their thoughts and what they like, what they would like to see and just connecting one to one with many of them.

JohnU

Beautiful work Jim! The shape and finish really look great and your photos are top notch! Good luck with your sales. John

I also enjoyed your website. Youve made some very beautiful furniture.

PaulDoug

I just gotta eat some crow here. I have never liked those kits, just too much bing for me, BUT, you have found the right use for them. Those are beautiful pens. The "jungle" being my favorite. Nice. work.

I just gotta eat some crow here. I have never liked those kits, just too much bing for me, BUT, you have found the right use for them. Those are beautiful pens. The "jungle" being my favorite. Nice. work.

Paul I know exactly how you feel, there are some pens out there that I can't think of how I would ever make them and find them appealing, for some reason, I got the idea some of John's blanks would work with this, so after making 12 of these now (8 have sold since last fall) I am letting my customers decide... and so far, I like what they have decided.

Top Bottom