YouTube ?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Muddydogs

Does anyone know of a YouTuber putting out wood turning videos who primarily uses carbide tools?

I've picked up a lot of traditional tool techniques watching Phil Anderson, ThePapa1947 and Richard Raffan. I would like to find someone using mostly carbide tools to watch as well, most of what I've found has been a commercial for one brand or another with just a little easy turning project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mg_dreyer

All I use on my YouTube videos are carbide tools. I have over 20 videos out there on turning, casting, finishing, and some other aspects that f pen making. Hope this helps. Here is the video I did specifically with carbide tools.

I am also the regional demonstrator for Easy Wood Tools. If you have any questions let me know.

I have a few videos on carbide tools specifically.

Pen Turning Using Carbide Tools

IMG_0916.jpeg

leehljp

Member Liaison
YouTuber putting out wood turning videos who primarily uses carbide tools?

As stated - "Wood Turning Videos" - covers a huge category. For pens, yes. But once one gets into spindles and different shaped bowls, the answer will be very limited. Spindles with captured rings or many fine shapes will require special tools that are not made in the carbide world - yet. Also Bowls of different shapes and sizes (so far) require special shaped and type of chisels that do not come in carbide, and would require very specialized and expensive tooling to keep sharp. Yes, carbide will get dull, but one does not throw away HIGH priced chisels (carbide if they made) when they gets dull.

But for pens and carbide tools, there are YouTubes as Mark mentioned.

Bob Barth

Does anyone know of a YouTuber putting out wood turning videos who primarily uses carbide tools?

I've picked up a lot of traditional tool techniques watching Phil Anderson, ThePapa1947 and Richard Raffan. I would like to find someone using mostly carbide tools to watch as well, most of what I've found has been a commercial for one brand or another with just a little easy turning project
Mayuko Woodturning uses carbide exclusively, and his work is amazing.

bugradx2

Craft Supplies also has some videos where they use carbide tools, somewhat smaller list though

Top Bottom