Your favorite YouTube pen turning videos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

There hundreds. I like the ones that have short introductions.

Ed Browns
Gabe Castro
Capt'n Eddie
Mark Dreyer
Chad Schimmel
WoodenWimsies
etc..................................................................

mg_dreyer

I hate to promote myself but I have a series out there call "10 Minutes To Better Penmaking" - just started it about 8 weeks ago.

Click Here For The Channel

Just a couple of videos .... (I also have Gluing / Sanding / GluBoost and a few others).

Thumbnail - 10 Minutes - Acrylic Carbide.jpg

Thumbnail - 10 Minutes - Acrylic Barbide.jpg

Thumbnail - 10 Minutes - Coloring Techniques.jpg

R. C. Rutter

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska. My primary mentor has been Robert, Bob, Blanford of RJB WoodTurner. He has two standard YouTube channels, RJBWoodTurner (turning projects, mostly pens) and WhatchaDoinBob (a video blog mostly in his workshop and mostly about turning related materials, tools, equipment setup, projects, etc). Recently he started doing some YouTube live Q&A sessions that are a lot of fun to participate in.

Regards,
Dave

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I too was going to suggest Bob Blanford (RJB Woodturner), I cannot endorse ALL of his methods, there are some things he does that I wouldn't do, but he does take you through the process of turning a pen without sugar-coating his mistakes.

R. C. Rutter

I too was going to suggest Bob Blanford (RJB Woodturner), I cannot endorse ALL of his methods, there are some things he does that I wouldn't do, but he does take you through the process of turning a pen without sugar-coating his mistakes.
Thanks for the recommendation and advice.
When I first joined my local AAW group, I got a lot of advice from the helpers on our Saturday Turn Ins. It is interesting how many would contradict each other in their methods. I learned to take the good and leave the rest.

R. C. Rutter

Greetings from Nebraska. My primary mentor has been Robert, Bob, Blanford of RJB WoodTurner. He has two standard YouTube channels, RJBWoodTurner (turning projects, mostly pens) and WhatchaDoinBob (a video blog mostly in his workshop and mostly about turning related materials, tools, equipment setup, projects, etc). Recently he started doing some YouTube live Q&A sessions that are a lot of fun to participate in.

Regards,
Dave
Thanks Dave. This is really great info.

TDahl

I will jump on the band wagon for RJBWoodTurner. I am in the beginning stages of making kitless pens and have watched his videos numerous times. He includes his mistakes and problems he encounters and also includes how he solves these issues. He is also very engaging through out his videos.

R. C. Rutter

I will jump on the band wagon for RJBWoodTurner. I am in the beginning stages of making kitless pens and have watched his videos numerous times. He includes his mistakes and problems he encounters and also includes how he solves these issues. He is also very engaging through out his videos.
Thanks for the affirmation.

TB4

I am brand new as well so I can't vouch for any tips/techniques given, but the guy I've enjoyed watching and seems to have his stuff together is Casey Martin / Wine country pens. Seeing the way some of his cast blanks turn into pens gave me all sorts of "oh wow what can I throw in resin" inspiration lol

TB4

Regards,
Dave
Go Big Red! Greetings from Omaha :)

djack2200

Good thread!

I've finally gotten to do a few other things on IAP.

Placed some of these links in the library menu under links member pen sites.

View attachment 245400

Like to hear about more
of them that have some substantial videos.

Good thread!

View attachment 245400

Like to hear about more

Are the member site links still available? I can't seem to find them!

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Good thread!

View attachment 245400

Like to hear about more
Are the member site links still available? I can't seem to find them!
Yes they are in the main library menu as I stated above.

Top Bottom