Your favorite song

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Was just kidding. Good thread...having fun here. Will be posting more #1 songs as we go along. Music be the food of love Play On....

#1 acapella

Me too. I agree that all the music being posted here is great. I've really enjoyed hearing what everyone has to share. It will be interesting to see how far it goes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

"Brothers in arms "is still stunning , used it to test put speakers for my hifi many years ago. Still love it now. To to see the tour live at Newcastle City Hall, Mark Knopflers home town , 2nd row ,still,got the photos and the memories.

Well, I'm sitting here looking at the website and the TV is on an low and behold one of my all time favorite comes on, "Southern Cross" by Crosby, Stills, Nash. Doesn't bring back any memories, I just really like it. I saw them in concert back in 2012 at a very small venue and they performed it, nothing better than watching Steven Stills belt it out live.

sbwertz

Moving way back to the time before I was a teen ager, my dad had a 78 rpm turn table and had every Glenn Miller record/album pressed: String of Pearls, Moonlight Serenade, In the Mood, Pennsylvania 6-5000, these were some that I personally wore out, playing over and over again.

Then there was John Phillip Sousa and his Marches! Not songs I know, but really great music!

Perhaps one last contribution, again for those my age from the movie Apocalypse Now, that gave us Lt. Col Kilgore's fairly insensitive quote about napalm, and the really cool rendition of Flight of the Valkeries.
I have most of those on 45s. Ink Spots' Java Jive, Vaughn Monroe, Phil Harris, Sons of the Pioneers, etc.

Top Bottom