Yes I Am Going To Ask Again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Still on this label casting kick because I have several ideas I want to do but not sure of directions. When people cast labels that have writing in them and cast the label on the blank lengthwise. How to do you orient the label for reading. Always from cap to nib?? What if you put same label on both sides of the blank? Both labels cap to nib? Or do you orient the way you pick a pen up to read it and does it matter if lefthanded or righthanded? Show me your examples please. Thanks. I know years ago this was discussed here and I can not find that thread again. It was quite a few years ago if I remember.

I have several promotional pens that have been sent over the years. All of them, if held in the right hand, read from nib to cap (left to right) and the clip is facing upwards.

jttheclockman

I have several promotional pens that have been sent over the years. All of them, if held in the right hand, read from nib to cap (left to right) and the clip is facing upwards.
Yes this is the way I see them too. But the Sharpie is opposite. I am also asking if you put that same advertising on both sides of the pen barrel, do you keep same orientation or do you reverse one? I am thinking keep the same because if you just roll the clip from top to bottom the writing stays the same. Only if you switch hands to look at the pen does it change.

MRDucks2

Just a thought. Typically I write with the clip up (not in contact with my skin). Not sure if this holds true for everyone but would seem a possibility.

If true, then printing nib to cap to the clip's left and cap to nib to the clip's right would make the pens ambidextrous.

Top Bottom