Xmas present for our older son

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NGLJ

Been promising myself for the longest time to get around to using my 10W laser to engrave pens, and I finally did it! The attached is for our older son. I plan to make one for our younger son and 3 grandchildren as xmas presents. The kit is the PSI Rollester rolerball in gun metal. I plan to use the gold kit for the females. The wood is Pacific Yew from here on the coast in British Columbia. Pacific Yew turns and finishes very nicely. It does have some tendency to chip until the turning is round. So, you need to go easy at the beginning. I sanded to 400, followed by Yorkshire Grit Original, then 4 coats of Shellawax friction polish. I topped this off with a coat of dark brown Minwax.

Attachments

• 2023-12-07_12-04-58.jpg
    2023-12-07_12-04-58.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 2023-12-07_12-06-22.jpg
    2023-12-07_12-06-22.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 84

Hippie3180

Been promising myself for the longest time to get around to using my 10W laser to engrave pens, and I finally did it! The attached is for our older son. I plan to make one for our younger son and 3 grandchildren as xmas presents. The kit is the PSI Rollester rolerball in gun metal. I plan to use the gold kit for the females. The wood is Pacific Yew from here on the coast in British Columbia. Pacific Yew turns and finishes very nicely. It does have some tendency to chip until the turning is round. So, you need to go easy at the beginning. I sanded to 400, followed by Yorkshire Grit Original, then 4 coats of Shellawax friction polish. I topped this off with a coat of dark brown Minwax.
Nicely done, and a gift they will cherish.

Top Bottom