WTF????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Okay, we have people interested in a meeting, we have a place to meet, now we just need someone to step up, organize, seek out demo volunteers, and put this thing together. This really isn't that difficult. And I'm going to do my best to be in this part of the country when it happens, so lets get this going.

By the way, welcome to all the new members, hope to meet you all in person.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Real

Hey Neil, nice to hear from you. I was hoping some other people would respond with interest. I last spoke to Steve a week ago and he would be happy to do it. He thinks we should just set a date and see what happens.
Is there a better time for you? Let us know and I'll work with Steve to set a date.

Real

toddlajoie

I figured we should at least wait till the Wood Show was over (it was last weekend, so that is done now...) as Steve and the store were busy in preparation for that.

I'm pretty open for the next few weeks, at the moment, the only Sunday coming up that I can't do is March 1st, so if anyone else has a preference or dates they can/can't do that's fine. If nobody wants to pick a date, I can dot that too...

Today is the 13th. I wanna say that if nobody has voiced an opinion by Monday the 19th, I will just pick a date and that will be that...

bloodhound

Hey guys. I am new to the site and turning also. I would love to meet some other people more local That way if I had a real issue maybe I could meet up with someone. I work week nights. If planned I can be free most weekends. So let me know. Thanks.

vfauto

It looks like we have some people interested that have quite a ride to get here so I would hope if we schedule a meeting it has some quality info and or demos as to not waste there time.:confused:

bloodhound

I am still pretty new at turning. So it wouldn't take much to make it worth my time. Umm segmenting, glue up on exotic woods. Scew usage. Sharpening would be awesome

duncsuss

I am still pretty new at turning. So it wouldn't take much to make it worth my time. Umm segmenting, glue up on exotic woods. Scew usage. Sharpening would be awesome

If you're free tomorrow, consider visiting the South Shore Woodturners open-house.

They meet in Abington, usually 4th Tuesday of the month, but they also do occasional weekend events, and tomorrow is one.

Here's a link to their website.

toddlajoie

Sounds like as good a date as any!!! I've got to stop by WC in West Springfield on the way home today, so if Steve is there I'll run it past him and unless there is any major issue, let's consider it a done deal...

Anybody want to volunteer for any Demos?

I was thinking I might tube up a couple of acrylic blanks and bring some stuff (basic sandpaper, micromesh, plastic polish, buffing wheels) and people could take turns sanding to finish with the various materials and see how it comes out in the end...

duncsuss

March 8 looks clear on my calendar (aside from daylight saving time starting, so we lose an hour of sleep).

Springfield is a couple of hours drive for me (about 100 miles), does something special happen at these events?

Califo

I will make every effort to attend. If demos will be planned at the meeting, I can bring some wood blanks as well. I wouldn't mind picking up a few tricks and techniques from all of you.

Thanks.

toddlajoie

I stopped in the other day, but Steve was not there. I didn't get back in later in the week or over the weekend, so I will keep trying...

bloodhound

Ok mother nature willing. I will be there. If you need wood blanks let me know. I have almost unlimited access to almost any kind. Including rosewoods and ebony. Oh. I will need to know where we are meeting so I can put it in my gps. Thanks

toddlajoie

I've stopped in the store 3 times now. They REALLY need to increase Steve's hours, that guy has FAR too much time off for my convenience...

Anyway, I'm hoping I can stop in tomorrow, they said he would be there, and make sure this date works for the store...

Califo

Ok mother nature willing. I will be there. If you need wood blanks let me know. I have almost unlimited access to almost any kind. Including rosewoods and ebony. Oh. I will need to know where we are meeting so I can put it in my gps. Thanks

Care to share some Ebony/Rosewood? Never worked with any. PM me if you are interested in selling some.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
See, all it takes is three little letters to get some attention and get something done. Thanks Todd and Real for pulling it together.

Top Bottom