wtb pen boxes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fast1197r

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I've always bought from Woodturningz. I've used their laser engraving also and been very satisfied.

Attachments

• Graduation set box.jpg
    Graduation set box.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Graduation set.jpg
    Graduation set.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Store_Show.JPG
    Store_Show.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 150

greenacres2

Carly—what are you thinking? Cardboard or wood? Singles, doubles? And, I'm thinking USPS flat rate boxes should be same cost to Puerto Rico as mainland. I may have a few. We're also thinking about going to the Rio Grande area in February…going to make that decision in the next week or so. Never been to PR, but liking the thought of warm sunshine in the winter!!
edit—I don't have any the size of the pen in your avatar!!
Earl

MRDucks2

US postal coat to ship to Puerto Rico used to be quite reasonable, pretty much similar rates to CONUS. Haven't shipped there in a while, however.

egnald

I have a few pen boxes that I have purchased, but for most of my pens (as giveaways) I put the pen in one of the velvet/felt drawstring bags and then slip the bag into one of the 1-inch square clear plastic tubes from PSI. Personally, if I put a pen away using a box I would wind up not using it - I guess I'm kind of an out-of-sight out-of-mind kind of guy. - Dave

penicillin

The pens I make are gifts, so I use the lowest cost boxes I can find. I use similar (but slightly smaller) square pen display tubes that @egnald mentioned. I put the pens in the tubes without velvet bags. They sell the tubes at the local Rockler store for 80 cents apiece in packs of 10. By buying locally, I avoid shipping costs. Note that these pen tubes fit all the pens I make. They fit small and medium pens (like Gatsby/Sierra/Wallstreet), but won't fit the fattest ones, like cigar pens.

I insert a descriptive label facing out, and tie a thin ribbon near the top. You can find examples of my labels and other documents here:
https://www.penturners.org/threads/documents-for-tracking-pen-making-for-gifts-etc.159678/

J_B

Fast1197r? Woodchipper an I are kinda thinking the same thing. I was thinking why not go to a hobby lobby or equivalent and buy (some color of your choice) coated on one side, chip board stock, and try making your own? Just need some type of nice looking tape for where the edges meet. I mean the manufacturers make them from a flat sock chip or cardboard stock. Maybe if PR does not not have a hobby lobby you could touch base with a local printers shop to see if they have some chip board they would like sell and or have any suggestions. Just my 2cents

Top Bottom