Work Table Add On

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

Spent the afternoon adding a little extension for a bench top drill press. Having it on top of the table was just too high to use it comfortably. You can see I changed gears in the middle of the project and raised it an inch and a half from my original plans. Sometimes it's nice to build something that doesn't have to be as precise as a segmented pen blank.

Attachments

• B4752F41-AE8B-456A-A6C7-1DB8BFCE1E97.jpeg
    B4752F41-AE8B-456A-A6C7-1DB8BFCE1E97.jpeg
    507.6 KB · Views: 127
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Todd in PA

Mine is on my workbench. Honestly I can't really see the top due to clutter. I work off of my storage carts and the workbench has become a graveyard of unfinished (and unstarted!) project pieces. Your post inspires me to carve out the tiny footprint to give my drill press a proper home. I just got this fence for it, so it's more useful now.

Drill Press Fence.jpg

KenB259

Mine is on my workbench. Honestly I can't really see the top due to clutter. I work off of my storage carts and the workbench has become a graveyard of unfinished (and unstarted!) project pieces. Your post inspires me to carve out the tiny footprint to give my drill press a proper home. I just got this fence for it, so it's more useful now.

View attachment 352287
I make my own, it's just not attached at the moment. You can kind of see it leaning in the picture.

jttheclockman

My benchtop drill press is actually sitting on my shaper top. That is one tool I need to get rid of and make some room . My plans for making cabinets went by the wayside many many years ago. So I use it now for storage and as I said the tabletop drill press. It really is ashame but one day I will break that shaper down and get it out of the basement and in garage to sell. One of those tools that unless you have a full woodworking cabinet shop you would need. With todays large routers and router tables they have been replaced in moderate shops. As far as a fence for a drill press I see no need for anything fancy. I use a straight board and a flat longer board for a top to extend the top. Couple clamps and can do any drilling operation I want. I have to say though I saw a drill press table top made on FB years ago and copied the plans and it is way down on my to do list but it would be a cool project.

Top Bottom