Woodworking tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from InkyMike

InkyMike

It's been quite a while since I've been on the site. I broke my leg riding a trials motorcycle event last July and was out of commission in the shop until the holidays came around. And then it was time to try and finish some Christmas gifts. I made a few bandsaw boxes and serving trays (only one pen!) Afterwards, I built a couple things for myself - a woodworking mallet and a vintage-looking tool chest for some of my woodworking tools. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. It was my first time cutting box joints and those came out so-so (the final version of the box has some of the gaps touched up so it looks better than in the photos below)

Attachments

• IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    487.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2737.jpeg
    IMG_2737.jpeg
    514.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2741.jpeg
    IMG_2741.jpeg
    376.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2701.jpeg
    IMG_2701.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2676.jpeg
    IMG_2676.jpeg
    236 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2675.jpeg
    IMG_2675.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2674.jpeg
    IMG_2674.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2672.jpeg
    IMG_2672.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 66
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Glad you are back in "business" again. They all look good. I see what you mean about the joints on the toolbox, but it's not that bad. It certainly looks pretty durable. I'll bet it will last a long time.

InkyMike

Glad you are back in "business" again. They all look good. I see what you mean about the joints on the toolbox, but it's not that bad. It certainly looks pretty durable. I'll bet it will last a long time.
Thanks! The joints actually looked better as bare wood as there wasn't any contrast. But I went back and touched them all up so it looks better, I just didn't have another photo. It's built like a tank. First time for a lot of things - planing and jointing reclaimed boards (they were 1x4s previously used as shelving), hand cutting the joints. It's not craftsman level, but certainly durable and useful shop furniture.

carlmorrell

I thought the safest motorcycle would be trials riding. I always joke my CR125 WANTS to break my leg. When I got it, I named it Stu, short for stupid! Keep on riding!

Top Bottom