Woodturning Design Magazine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

The first issue of Woodturning Design magazine is out. and should be in the hands of all who subscribed to it. I've had mine for a few days now, and have read it through.

I think it's a nice magazine! If compared to regular woodworking magazines, I'd say it is more like Wood magazine rather than Fine Woodworking. It has well written, nicely illustrated articles on how to do lots of pretty basic woodturning projects. Don't get me wrong, this is a GOOD THING! It is refreshing to see a woodturned item that maybe I could actually make! So I am very pleased with this magazine!

The pen article in this issue is by Emory McLaughlin. I've known Emory for a while, and he is a great penturner! He and I and Rich Kleinhenz did penturning demonstrations last year at Craft Supplies, and at the Utah Woodturning Symposium. The pen he made for his article is a nice piece of work! And it's based on the good old slimline pen! Nice job Emory!

I also noticed in the back of the magazine that Rich Kleinhenz has an article coming out in the next issue! I think it is great that the editor has recognized the importance of including pen articles in the issues!

If you don't have this magazine yet, I encourage you to pick it up.

Scott.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy

Scott,
I found mine in the Albertson's magazine rack. Read it from cover to cover, really a nice magazine. Went and sent it my subscription. Can't wait to see the next issue. It is a shame it only comes out 4 times a year, but that does give me time to try out some of the ideas.

YoYoSpin

[:I] Hope you didn't miss the One-Piece yo-yo making article.
5a.jpg

best regards,
Ed D.

Scott

Hey everybody!

I've got to tell you, Ed makes a mean yo-yo! I've got one of his yo-yo's, and even though he claims it was defective, I think it's absolutely beautiful! So far, there's only three articles in the magazine I've really read word-for-word. Emory's was one, Ed's is the second, and the coffee mill by David Reed Smith is number three. David is an intrepid penturner who makes some of the coolest pens around. I'll have to get him to stop by and visit here sometime!

Good to see you, Ed!

Scott.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I am a brand new turner... scrolling has been my main activity for quite a while... in fact I had an article in Creative Woodworks and Crafts, one of the magazines published by the same company that is doing the new Woodturning Design and another in the works....
I immediately subscribed to the magazine knowing from past experience with CWW that is was going to be fantastic... I was not disappointed.... Impressed is not a strong enough word...
It is an outstanding magazine, if you have not yet gotten an issue, you absolutely have too...

Scott

Hi Tom,

I also take Creative Woodworks and Crafts. How far back was your article? I have a lot of fun looking through there!

Scott.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The last article was my Smallmouth Bass and tips on finishing a slab project so that it is competative at a scroll saw picnic... It was the first issue of 2004.. I believe the March issue... I am working on another slab cutting article that I hope to have in one of the Fall issues..

Scott

Hi Tom,

I remember that article, particularly the part about the finishing. It's nice to have another writer around the place!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom