Cheer WoodPenPro - class act all the way!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pianomanpj

Several weeks ago I ordered several pen boxes from Jimmy at WoodPenPro. I asked him to send them to me the most economical way. When I got the box, it was in a postal "body bag" - it had been water damaged. :eek:

I was told by my postal clerk that I should open the package in front of the Postmaster if I wanted to seek any form of restitution. Since the Postmaster is in another location, it would have to wait until the following day. :frown:

I brought the unopened box home and contacted Jimmy. He told me that due to my request for cheaper shipping, he did not get insurance for the package. I thanked him for doing precisely what I asked, and then spent the rest of the night kicking myself for being so danged cheap! :mad:

The next day, I brought the soggy box to the other post office. Upon opening the box in front of the postal clerks, I found that some of the white, cardboard boxes the pen boxes were in had gotten wet. The pen boxes themselves, being inside plastic bags, were unharmed. The Postmaster was very sorry, but there was nothing he could do since I didn't have any insurance. The now-tattered box and I headed home. :redface:

I contacted Jimmy again to see if it was possible I could buy some of the white boxes with my next order. (The white boxes really aren't that big of a deal, but it's hard to sell someone a beautiful pen box and not have anything to put it in!) He said that he had some available, left over from some other projects. I thanked him, and considered it a done deal until I placed my next order. :)

Soooo.... today I go to the post office and there's a Priority Mail envelope from Jimmy waiting for me! I couldn't believe it! Not only did he GIVE me the white boxes, he sent them to me on his own dime! I was blown away! The fact is I could have, and should have, eaten the cost of this as a lesson in not to be too stingy when buying postal insurance! :rolleyes:

I know I could have kept this post short and just gotten to the kudos for Jimmy and his company, but I didn't want Jimmy's generosity and consideration towards his customers get glossed over. He is a class act all the way!!!

Thanks, Jimmy!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom