Wanted Wooden thread screw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
What size and how many? Nuts too?

Pete it is a cousin in Illinois who has this information, and will get it to me today maybe. He asked if I could do this? No way. I thought I would ask here, and maybe find someone.

I will provide Dimensions as soon as he gets them to me. He didn't mention nuts. These screws are for wooden hand clamps. Thanks

Curly

If you're talking about clamps like this he needs to be able to tap the holes too. The threads for the clamps are 1 1/8" to match a metal cutting tap we had. The bigger one is from a wood tap of 1 1/2". The threads were cut on a table saw with a special blade we had made. For grins my dad made a 4" diameter thread with it. I can make the threads for you but can't guarantee the fit as his tap could be different and if I have to make the threads in the jaws too I might as well do the whole thing. Not keen on going into the clamp making business. He would be better off biting the bullet and get a Beall router jig for threads. Threadboxes can be difficult to tune and get right. That's why we went to using the table saw.

Woodchipper they are usually a 60 degree but can be 55 degrees or even to 90 degree V threads. Acme are rare and not in smaller sizes. Big press type things.

Attachments

• F575F706-68D8-465F-84E1-03608E9F0F22.jpg
    F575F706-68D8-465F-84E1-03608E9F0F22.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 182
Top Bottom