wooden fruit and a tazza

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinterinfinger

Hi all fellow turners' this is the sort of stuff I turn out when I'm not turning pens the grapes on a vine these are turned out of African purple heart same as the Victoria plums they have a ripening mark carved in to the fruit' the apples are in African paduk and the pears are turned in spalted beach, when I reverse chuck the pears (on a screw chuck)the pears are running slightly off center which is good because it achieves that strange bend in the pear this happened to me by mistake when I was turning one day and I said "oh that will do" now I turn all my pears like that. And the fruit tazza is out of Australian brown coolabah burr

Regards Mervyn
splinterinfinger

www.turnedwood.co.uk

200821418593_fruit-tazza-forum.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom McMillan

Very nice Mervyn!! Approximately how large are your items (life size or?).

I've been doing quite a few miniature pears & apples. Most of mine have been made as miniature boxes.

Thanks guys for your comments it's a great buzz when other turners comment on my work' many thanks! the fruit are life size all the fruit I turn is life size although before Christmas I was commissioned to make some half size fruit for a customer' now about the cheese knife I thought it was wood called safaras but I'm not sure be great if someone could identity the timber I do know that it is from Australia, about two years ago I bought about two tonne of Australian burrs sadly the guy was going broke the pen below is in the same timber.Thanks for looking guys love the comments.
Kind regards Mervyn
www.turnedwood.couk

2008214211224_pen-forum.jpg

Many thanks again Aderhammer are thats the way you spell it' you have just cleared the mystery mate, the sad thing is I have not got much left before Christmas I had mad run for orders on the fruit and most of them where big orders and I sent out a complimentary gifts with the orders the cheese knifes turned in sassafrass this timber polishes like glass.
Cheers guys onece again and a special thanks to you Aderhammer.
Regards Mervyn

rlharding

Hi Mervyn,
I am wondering if there is a reason you don't use any punctuation? Political statement? Resistance to order? I find it difficult to read. It's like being on a freight train for me and i read faster and faster and faster while my brain is waiting to find the comma or punctuation point (which we called a 'full stop' when I was at school).

alxe24

Very nice work. I've always wanted to make the pears and the apples. I got a magazine that I can't remember wich one was it that show how. As soon as I can find it I'll try them.
Really nice work.

Top Bottom