Wooden front piece for Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hodsdonr

Hi,
A while ago in the forum somebody did a step by step thread on replacing the metal Front Piece of a Sierra pen with a Wooden one. In it he recovered the tip and rear section and used a brass tube to join the two sections. So in the end he had a Sierra with two wooden tubes. I can't find the post (Probably my search technique) . I have seen the article in the resource section but it is not the post I am looking for. That is a great help and the two posts should probably be read together.
Thanks
Richard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks for the link. I have discussed this a couple of times in a single post to a thread on this forum years ago. I look forward to seeing you or others creating something unique. It has some great possibilities!

Here is another thread (2011) using the transmission of a Sierra / Elegant Beauty to make a custom pen:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Man there are some names in both posts that I wish were still here with us. Miss some of those guys.
Sorry to hijack this thread for this one posting . . . but - John, there are a few things (very few) that we don't agree on, but it sure in nice when someone with your talent and history stays here! I do appreciate your input and views, even the ones that do make me disagreeable! You don't post enough of your work!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Here's one in plastic I did a while ago. Made some brass inserts to hold transmission.

jttheclockman

Sorry to hijack this thread for this one posting . . . but - John, there are a few things (very few) that we don't agree on, but it sure in nice when someone with your talent and history stays here! I do appreciate your input and views, even the ones that do make me disagreeable! You don't post enough of your work!

Hank I hang out here because I have not pissed enough people off yet to either they get rid of me or I get tired of them. My work is not worth showing most times. I do not make many pens any more. My time is consumed scrolling and other woodworking and now working on my house for the last time. My pen time is in the winter and I have a couple simple ones I am currently working on between other projects so you may see those in the near future. Would like to take on a few more intricate pens this winter. Will see. I know it may pee people off with some of my comments but just like everyone here we are entitled to an opinion. Always the ignore button here so put me on the list if you need to. :)

Top Bottom