Woodchuck - another satisfied customer!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

judgesawdust

:rolleyes:I just ordered (and received) a bowl pro and Round1 finisher from Ken at Woodchuck tools. I wanted to add to all of the other good reviews I've read with my experience.

First: Ken is a great guy. Easy to deal with and very accomodating. Not like dealing with some big WW corp.

Second: His tools are first rate- every bit the tool of the big name brands at a far more reasonable price.

Third: The perform. Flat out. Simple. AWESOME.

Ken made me handles for both (which were handsome and functional) and gave me very easy instructions for their installation.

After a couple hours of set time on the gorilla glue I gave them a spin and was very impressed and satisfied. I'm just a neophyte turner, so these are a godsend (easy to use and no more sharpening!:rolleyes:).

I'd recommend Ken's tools to any one out there looking for a high performance lathe chisel and a great guy to deal with.

Thanks again Ken!

Attachments

• 08 01 10_Woodchuck chisels_0001.jpg
    08 01 10_Woodchuck chisels_0001.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 08 01 10_Woodchuck chisels_0002.jpg
    08 01 10_Woodchuck chisels_0002.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 319
  • 08 01 10_Woodchuck chisels_0003.jpg
    08 01 10_Woodchuck chisels_0003.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 316
  • 08 01 10_Woodchuck chisels_0004.jpg
    08 01 10_Woodchuck chisels_0004.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 293
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

I love my Woodchuck Pen Pro too!

The Round1 finisher is a new one to me though...:confused:
I looked on Ken's site but didn't see it there .... Do you have a link for it?

randyrls

(easy to use and no more sharpening!:rolleyes:).

J; I don't know about the "no more sharpening" part. You will have to hone the carbide bit from time to time. I use DNA and a credit card sized diamond hone to sharpen the top flat of the carbide bit. You want one that is solid without any holes in it. Restores the perfect cutting ability in a few seconds.

Hope this helps.....

judgesawdust

J; I don't know about the "no more sharpening" part. You will have to hone the carbide bit from time to time. I use DNA and a credit card sized diamond hone to sharpen the top flat of the carbide bit. You want one that is solid without any holes in it. Restores the perfect cutting ability in a few seconds.

Hope this helps.....

Thanks for that tip Randy . . . Fortunately I have the credit card sized DMT's also . . . and the DNA. Should be good! Still have to sharpen the bowl gouge though:eek:

jeff

judgesawdust

I love my Woodchuck Pen Pro too!

The Round1 finisher is a new one to me though...:confused:
I looked on Ken's site but didn't see it there .... Do you have a link for it?

Lenny,

Ken doesn't have the Round1 on his site . . . I was thinking about buying one of EZ Woods, so I asked Ken about it when I placed my order . . . he happily obliged! It's a thinner bar stock than your Pen Pro (or my longer Bowl Pro), but seems very suited to finishing. Just had it a day, so not much mileage yet, but looks like it'll work out well!

Top Bottom