wood software

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cd18524

Anyone ever see the "woods of the world" software? Is it any good? I am currently working on setting up a website and thought it might be a good way to get pictures of wood. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a good source of pictures/descriptions of wood?

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Chris,

I don't think it is a good idea to use other people's pictures in your website...unless you get proper authorization/permit.

alamocdc

Chris, I agree with Dario and Scott. We face this at work all the time. Most photos are copyrighted and as such they can usually be used freely for "personal" use unless it can, does, or will result in personal gain. Your intended use of the photos falls into the persoanl gain category. If the publisher of the CD found their photos on your website, there's a good chance you'd be sued. JimGo is an attorney and he may chime in on this with his take.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
WotW specifically prohibits commercial use of anything in their software. BTW, is there an advantage to seeing a picture of raw wood? I can't recall seeing a piece of raw wood that looked anything like a finished pen. Just asking. [8D]

cd18524

Glad I asked. Thanks to all for the heads up. I am not very wise in the way of the computer world and copyright kind of stuff. I was just trying to think of a way to get a lot of options on my site without having to buy one of every blank right off the bat and waiting to turn a pen out of each one. I guess I will just have to add them as I turn them.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom