Jeer Wood-N-Whimsies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
In a previous post I was upset with a vendor about being charged shipping by a vendor when they could combine my additional small order with items they were shipping to me to replace misshipped items. At the time, I was not naming the vendor because I failed to ask if the new items could be shipped in the same package.

Well, I will now name the company, Wood-N-Whimsies, because I hate being lied to. I was told last week that the items had been shipped separate and that they never thought about shipping my new order with the replacement items.

Guess what arrived today. Both the replacement items AND MY ADDITIONAL ORDER, IN THE SAME PACKAGE.

This jeer is not so much as the $5 shipping charge (I've written that off), but the fact that they lied to me. If they were not sure if they were shipped separate, tell me you will check and get back to me. They also lie because their phone message says their phone lines are open from 9:30 AM to 7 PM Central time. Every time I have called after 5 PM Central time, I get this message and it's the next day before my call is returned.

I will not do business with someone that lies to their customers. And before someone suggests I don't know the problems that can occur in running a small internet business, I ran one for about 8 years and I bent over backwards to make my customers happy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

I sympathize with your experience but did you call them first before posting?

He said that he called them and they told him that the products shipped separately and that they hadn't considered shipping the new order with the replacement items.

I don't see how it would be helpful for him to call them again prior to posting about that experience.

BJohn

I feel your frustration, obvisously they took advantage of the situation. But it really surprises me. I have dealt with them numerous times in the past and was actually fixing to place an order with them here in the near future. I have never had any issues with them, they have actually refunded over charges on shipping costs.

But I may have to rethink thing's.

HONESTY IS ALWAYS YOUR BEST OPTION

Last edited:

tjseagrove

He said that he called them and they told him that the products shipped separately and that they hadn't considered shipping the new order with the replacement items.

I don't see how it would be helpful for him to call them again prior to posting about that experience.

The context of my comment was after the package arrived and discovered to be the opposite of what was initially communicated.

jondavidj

I would call them and talk to them. I haven't had any bad experiences in all the years I have dealt with them. Like the other, they always refund something on shipping. I also know how it is to be lied to, but we all make mistakes. If they did, I am sure they would try and make it right. I hate that you had that experience.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator

The context of my comment was after the package arrived and discovered to be the opposite of what was initially communicated.
I did call them at 5:45PM central time yesterday when I got home from work and opened the package. I got their voice mail recording (again) that their phone lines are open from 9:30 AM to 7 PM central time. I waited until after 7PM before I made my post. I though I has stated that in my first post here but I see I left that out.
They finally did call today just before 2PM and spoke to my wife. She said he seemed puzzled as to what to do.

tnick

I don't generally comment to posts concerning us because I feel people are entitled to their opinions but when it comes to the integrity of our company that hits home for me. I don't feel Curtis set out to lie to you. I think he made an honest mistake and could have done a better job to correct it. Normally when things like this come up he'll hand the phone to me (Tracey) or the person on the phone will ask to speak with someone of higher authority and I'll make it right. I'm recovering from knee surgery so I'm not in the office and I think he may have just got flustered and messed up, I think it happens to the best of us.

With that said, thank you for pointing out the phone issue. I normally take care of the phones after the guys go home for the day and didn't change the message because we get so few calls at night. I will make that phone message correction on Wednesday.

I'll remind Curtis about customer service and when he is in doubt to let me know, I can make a call from my bed, that's what cordless phones are for.

I've been supplied your name and number. I will give you a call tomorrow and I'm sure we'll get this straight and you'll see we are not a company of liars just people.

wyone

I think that shows a lot of class to admit there were issues.. mistakes.. and want to make an effort to correct things in a public forum. I can certainly understand both sides, and hope things are resolved to the satisfaction of BOTH parties. There are a lot of companies supplying parts, but not that many that will stand up in public and take whatever they are given.

Hope your knee heals well too

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Tim and Tracey are now competitors of Exotics, but I ordered from them when I was doing shows and I continue to consider them high class people.

I am really happy to see this come to a favorable conclusion, since Monty is also a friend.

Keep the "IAP community" spirits high!!

Thank you, Tracey, for stopping by!!! Hope you heal quickly!!

Ed

Last edited:

Sawdust1825

I think that shows a lot of class to admit there were issues.. mistakes.. and want to make an effort to correct things in a public forum. I can certainly understand both sides, and hope things are resolved to the satisfaction of BOTH parties. There are a lot of companies supplying parts, but not that many that will stand up in public and take whatever they are given.

Hope your knee heals well too

And this is how you keep existing customers and gain new ones. Sometimes employees don't always do the right thing but obviously the owner is interested in making it right. I hope it is all resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom