Wixey Table saw Fence Repair?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
When I went to use my table saw this morning I saw that the sensor strip had come adrift, what is the best way to stick it back on?

3d950c0f50746f0adb61ea81dc982e58.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TLTHW

The automotive trim tape Curly is referring to will be called VHB (Very High Bond) tape in your hardware store. It comes in a variety of widths and thicknesses. If applied correctly, ie don't touch the tape face with your fingers and burnish it down once the piece is back in place, it will be a very long term fix.

The automotive trim tape Curly is referring to will be called VHB (Very High Bond) tape in your hardware store. It comes in a variety of widths and thicknesses. If applied correctly, ie don't touch the tape face with your fingers and burnish it down once the piece is back in place, it will be a very long term fix.

David,
Thank you for the info on VHT. I have some auto strip lights I installed on my truck. Part sticks very well, other didn't last two weeks. I cleaned the surface well with alcohol, wiped dry, cleaned again, wiped with clean cloth again. Still the vertical portions didn't stick. The hard part will be removing the old tape on the vertical surfaces without destroying the LED strips. I'll work at it carefully with an Xacto knife, clean several more times and give it another shot. Much appreciated
Charlie

TLTHW

David,
Thank you for the info on VHT. I have some auto strip lights I installed on my truck. Part sticks very well, other didn't last two weeks. I cleaned the surface well with alcohol, wiped dry, cleaned again, wiped with clean cloth again. Still the vertical portions didn't stick. The hard part will be removing the old tape on the vertical surfaces without destroying the LED strips. I'll work at it carefully with an Xacto knife, clean several more times and give it another shot. Much appreciated
Charlie
we had mixed results using baby oil when removing old tape. Mostly it kept the tape from sticking to our fingers or putty knives. On Durable surfaces we would use Knaptha, goof-off or lacquer thinner. knaptha and alcohol are safe around acrylics. goof off and lacquer thinner are not.
You can also pressure roll things applied with VHB, light passes first so that you don't displace things.

Best of luck,

Dave

Top Bottom