Wish me Luck!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ccccchunt

Going to bring my Jet Mini 1014 out of retirement. This weekend I shall be replacing the bearings! Should be a fun tasker since last weekend was spent scrubbing off rust and getting the bed and tailstock all back in working order. Didn't have any beige paint so the banjo and tailstock are now RED.

Anyway, if you hear screaming from Washington State - IT IS ME!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ccccchunt

I am using the PDF on here that was uploaded YEARS ago, originally by Randy Meijer. I will provide updates after I get through. Or pictures of the scrap heap if I give up! ;)

Kenny Durrant

You won't need luck. Just go slow snd remember how everything goes. I replaced bearing on my old Jet Lathe and it went smooth. Take Care and if it will make you feel better Good Luck!! PS the last remark was made in fun so please don't take it the wrong way.

ccccchunt

WOW. That went WAY smoother than I thought it was going to! Had to provide a bit of persuasion to get the old bearings out but nothing a 3/4 inch wooden dowel wouldn't handle. New bearings are in, now just waiting for my new belt to arrive to do a test run!!! Randy's directions worked perfectly!!!

Top Bottom